This plugin brings the power of @mention inside tinyMCE. You can choose where the autocompletion gets his information from and on which custom post type this plugin is activated on. You can also create custom template replacement on the front-end based on your needs.
A review of the plugin is available on WP Tavern.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Optional : create a template called mentionable.php in your theme directory and replace the @mention content with custom template.
It seemed good in theory, but this plug-in often causes 2 instances of the content block text area to show up when editing a post or page, especially when toggling from Text view to Visual view. Both the visual and text views show up at once. It you try to push through it, content is often lost on save.
It seemed useful in theory, maybe i’ll check back with the plug-in when it updates to see if that glitch still happens.
WoW, its cool wordpress plugin helps a lot in on page seo for my site have tested and works smart.
Every time need to append @ character before to link old articles. Will you please add option if the word matches with existing post title will automatically link to the old url to make it as cornerstone content?
Contributors & Developers
“Mentionable” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add WordPress 4.3 compatibility
- Add new filter for WP_Query autocomplete
- Restore PHP 5.3 compatibility
- Add option to open link in a new tab
- Change Styling to be closer with WP UI
- Update for 4.1 Compatibility
- Update for 3.9 Compatibility
- Store reference to mentionable content inside post metas
- Add the ability to replace the custom content with a template name mentionable.php
- Add plugin banner
- Add french localization