Simple plugin which allows you to display author/user info inside WordPress widget. Smart feature of this plugin is user/author “auto detection” which means that it can optionally show author of current post on single post templates or on specific author archive.
- Flexible display options
- Auto detect post author on single post and author templates
- Custom avatar size
- Link avatar image to author archive (optional)
- Link user display name to author archive (optional)
- Replace widget title with user display name (optional)
Smart Author Widget plugin is created by MeksHQ
You can see Smart Author Widget live example on our Throne theme demo website
- For any questions, error reports and suggestions please email email@example.com or visit http://mekshq.com
This was the best plugin I could find for displaying an author profile in the sidebar.
Works well out of the box and is easily configurable. Looks good from the start.
- Full compatibility with WordPress 4.3
- Added a possibility for developers to override widget template through WordPress themes
- Added an option to specify custom URL and override author default archive link
- Full compatibility with new WordPress customizer in WP 3.9+
- Optimization for websites with large number of users
- Added translation files (en_US)
- Link to avatar option bug fixed
- Initial release