When someone comments on your blog and writes a comment with his/her URL, is leaving more information than you think. This plugin displays web pages and profiles of those users in the dashboard, so you can add them as friends if you are in the same social network.
This is possible thanks to the Google Social Graph API. The profiles are showed because the commenter claims them as its owner on his web linking them with
rel="me". The ones which are with italic font are not reliable and they could not be of the user.
Comments, questions and bug reports are welcome: http://www.berriart.com/meet-your-commenters/
- Why does the plugin contain a file called JSON.php?
This is to make it compatible with PHP < 5.2.0, because the previous versions don’t recognize the json_decode function.
- I installed it but it doesn’t work!
Have you the requirements? You must have
allow_url_fopenoption or cURL enabled.
- Checking compatibility up to WordPress 3.0
- License Change from GPL to GPL2
- Start using SimplePie_File from WordPress Core to get the API URL content to avoid some hosting limitations
- Allow Internationalization and Spanish language added
- Removing some warnings
- Allowing direct install from WordPress backend via FTP.
- Support for WordPress 2.7