Media management made easy
Restrictions on file size, storage and file types within WordPress regularly
present barriers to WordPress users who are keen to embed rich, high quality
multimedia. The MediaCore plugin for WordPress makes it easy to enhance your
posts with video, audio, documents and images directly from your MediaCore
Harness the power of video learning
Video is transforming education, and MediaCore helps hundreds of educational
institutions around the world embrace it. The MediaCore Video Platform puts
powerful video learning and sharing tools into the hands of every student and
professor — empowering them to easily capture, manage and share video privately
and securely across all platforms and mobile devices.
Key Features of the WordPress plugin
- Browse, search and securely embed media from your MediaCore library
into WordPress in one-click.
- Upload large video, audio, document or image files (up to 20 GB in size)
into your MediaCore library from within WordPress.
- Automatically convert uploaded media into formats supported on devices
including mobile, tablets and desktops.
- Capture content on your iPhone or iPad, upload it to your MediaCore library,
and embed it into WordPress.
MediaCore Key Features
- Global distribution – MediaCore content is delivered by Akamai, a
of over 12,000 secure servers.
- Storage – We use redundant storage which means that all of your content is
stored in more than one location to ensure that it is safe.
- Video Players – We use HTML5 and Flash video players to get an exceptional
playback experience on almost any browser or mobile device.
- All files are securely shared on MediaCore’s reliable cloud infrastructure so
content can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
- Resumable Uploads – If your internet connection is lost, or your browser times
out, then your upload will automatically resume from the point at which it was
interrupted when your connection comes back online.
- Supported Media Types – MediaCore supports
all popular file formats
such as: .MOV, .M4V, .MP4, .AVI, .FLV, WebM, .MP3, MPEG, .GIF, .JPG.
- Document Viewing – The document and image viewers provide a rich and
interactive experience. Supported documents include: PDFs, Microsoft Word
(doc/docx), and Microsoft PowerPoint (ppt/pptx).
Need a MediaCore account?
- If you don’t already have a MediaCore account request a demo today.
Useful Teaching with Video Resources
- 10 great sources of educational video to support digital learning
- Apps and tools for creating better screencasts and presentation videos
- Flipping the Classroom for Younger Students
- How to transform your powerpoint and keynote presentations into video learning resources
- Recording better sound with your iPhone or iPad
- Recording better video with your iPhone or iPad
- MOOCs Make Professors dust of the Cobwebs
- Make plugin compatible with WP 3.9
- Fix user capabilities
- Re-post correct images to tags/2.3
- Fix bug that forced the cursor position to the top on auto saves
- Update readme text. Update license text.
- Uses the new MediaCore Chooser (view, embed and upload media)
- Requires that your MediaCore account is configured to use the Chooser
- Allows user to embed public videos