Media2Layout facilitates the dynamic inclusion of media library artwork into predefined places in your site’s theme. It creates named positions (by default “campaign” and “header”) which can be assigned a media item per each Page.
- Adds an admin menu item under Themes to edit your Position names
- Adds a dropdown control when editing Pages to select the images for each Position in that Page
To insert the images into your theme, just add a bit of PHP code to your theme in the appropriate spot, for example:
For the position named “foo” this would print an tag for the media assigned to the Foo position of the current page (or print nothing if no media is assigned to that position). Currently it wraps the in a
div> with class “media2layout_[position-name]”.
- Extract Media2Layout archive to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the admin menu under Themes to create a named media position
- Add that position to your template(s) by inserting
- Assign media to your media positions per each Page