Media2Commerce is a plugin that enables you to sell uploaded media directly from WordPress.
Products are automatically created from images that uploaded using to WordPress. Different variations or types can be created easily eg. small, medium, large
It requires the WooCommerce eCommerce plugin – when media is uploaded a product is created with the image as a downloadable virtual item.
As products are created as downloadable media items, you can specify what default types are created in Settings – Media2Commerce settings. It is feature rich and you can set:
- Default Pricing
- Image Scaling
- Image Quality
Products assume their name and description from the original media image and caption.
Please be sure to keep an eye on the Media2Commerce website for more news and announcements.
If you wish to Watermark your images before they are purchased you will need to use a dynamic watermarking plugin, such as WP Image Protect.
- Place the ‘media2commerce’ folder in your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory, or install directly from your WordPress administration dashboard with ‘Plugins > Add New’ and searching for Media2Commerce.
- Activate Media2Commerce. Also ensure WooCommerce is installed and configured.
- That’s it – products will automatically be added when you upload media images
- You can configure what default types to set prices, scaling and image quality in Settings – Media2Commerce settings
Q. What image formats are supported?
A. Currently JPEG and PNG.
Q. How do I get the product a media item is linked to for use in a theme?
A. A meta tag, product_link, is appended to the media post meta.
Q. I have another question?
A. Great, please use the support forum.
Contributors & Developers
“Media2Commerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Production version – most features now implemented.
- First commit.