This plugin was made to allow the introduction of audio streams in the wordpress. By this i mean making the life easy of those of you who
have a radio station and would like to allow the visitors to listen to your audio stream using media player, winamp, real player, itunes, vlc… and so on
This creates 4 media buttons that links to a playlist generated dinamicaly with your audio stream. So it gets no simple to change the icecast mountpoint
or the ip address of your server. No need to do fancy code or whatever. The solution is here. As i did not found anything in the wp-plugin repo, i decided to share it. So if you think it is nice and you would like to view more developmens done to it, please donate even a single euro to cesarsilvaaraujo at gmail dot com (paypal account)
I would like to thank you for installing and use the Media-Buttons Widget.
This is still under some development, so it will get improvements, specialy
in the frontend of the widget.
If you care to help, please do to cesarsilvaraujo at gmail dot com
Please visit www.cesararaujo.net for more info
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Goto Apearence-> widgets and put the “Media Buttons” in the sidebar.
- Configure at your desire the widget.
- Can i change the icons to match my style?
Yes, you can. Just head with ftp or file manager to wp-content/plugins/media-buttons/ and replate the images.
Dont forget to mantain the icons names. (or change the php code)
Contributors & Developers
“Media Buttons” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Created the code to be a widget.
- Introduced the icons and hardcoded playlist
- Added the widget preferences, so user can select some details.
- Added the dinamicaly playlist generator
- Fixed path for the images location.
- Fixed the screenshot of the backend being wrong