This WordPress plugin allows you to create A/B split test experiments using any page, with each experiment containing up to 3 variation pages. Metrics are automatically calculated in real-time, and your conversion pages can even be on a different website.
- Works with any WordPress theme and any page can be used in the experiments
- Experiments consist of the original page, up to 3 variation pages, and a conversion page
- The conversion page can be on a completely different site/domain and still work
- Create an unlimited number of experiments, pause and re-start at any time
- Metrics are captured and calculated in real-time
The MaxA/B plugin currently only supports using pages as part of A/B experiments. Support for posts will come in a future release.
To see a video of how to create A/B split test experiments, watch the video on the MaxA/B page on Max Foundry’s website.
How To Use
- Click on the MaxA/B settings on the left-side of the admin panel.
- On the Experiments tab, click the Add New button.
- Fill out the form and click Create.
- If the conversion page for the experiment is on another site, be sure to follow the instructions on-screen.
- That’s it. Sit back and wait for visitors and conversions.
- When should I stop my experiment?
You should wait until the experiment has reached at least a 95% confidence level with statistically significant results, and ideally you should wait until the experiment reaches 99% confidence.
The higher the statistical confidence, the more likely the results will be statistically significant. For sites with high traffic, the time it takes for experiments to reach statistical significance will be much shorter than sites with lower traffic. Making decisions about your experiment results before the proper thresholds have been reached may result is false-positives that lead to lower-than-expected conversion rates.
I tried many times to make an experiment, but in each time I completed expermint without any feedback and then when go to experment there is nothing created!
This plugin has everything I wanted for split testing... easy setup and appears to be running...
except (the flaw) it's not counting conversions accurately.
Eg, aWeber confirms 10 conversions and MaxA/B only reports 2.
- Initial add into the wordpress.org plugin repository.