Embed, where you want, a scrolling message on your blog.
- add a scrolling (or fixed) text in your wanted direction (right to left, left to right, bottom to top, top to bottom or fixed) in a choosen section of your page,
- possible customization : change height, width, font-size, direction, speed, background color (or image), text color, stop on mouse over,
- define precisely where to show it (multiple choice available) : everywhere, on the homepage, on pages, on search page, on single pages, on archive pages, on categories pages,
- internationalization of the plugin,
- XHTML conform,
- tested and working on IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari,
- the marque will be shown only where your page will be load ;).
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress,
- Go to plugin interface to define the message content and its render 😉
In some explanations, i ask to edit a php file. Be careful to edit them with a good editor like Notepad++ and open each file with the format “UTF-8 without BOM”.
- I’ve write an url in my marquee and it’s appear as text. What’s wrong ?
The plugin, in its actual state do not transform automatically url. You have to “manually” write them like this
<a href="http://www.google.com/" target="_blank">Google</a>
- I’d like to get the Marquee interface in my native language. How can i do that?
Download the files of your native language. Adapt it, eventually, to your needs by using a PO file editor such as :
KBabel (Linux) should be available as a package for your Linux distribution, so install the package.
poEdit (Linux/Windows) available from http://www.poedit.net/.
Put the marquee-xx_XX.mo file in the
marquee), the PO file is just here to generate the MO translation file…
- Ok, i’ve done what you explain above, but the Marquee interface is still in english How to make it works?
wp-config.phpfile (at the root of your blog) and search for :
define ('WPLANG', 'xx_XX');where xx_XX is your language. If this line doesn’t exist add it in your file. Save your modifications and re-upload the wp-config on your server.
- Does Marquee works with WP-MU?
Contributors & Developers
“Marquee” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- nothing really important, just the update of my blog url 😉
- favor to the use of
define('WP_DEBUG', true);little menage in the code 🙂
- New option :
$level_for_admin, select in a combo the user level required for the management of the Marquee, only administrators will be able to see and set this parameter ;),
- the textarea, in the admin interface of the marquee, is a little less high and its width is now set to 100%.
- Little correction in the variable
$canstop(there was a double space),
- if you don’t define precisely the unit in the field
width, then : if width <= 100 the unit will be
%otherwise it will be
- (22 Nov 2009) – First Release.