MarkItUp (beta) allows for you to use Markdown on your WordPress site.
It does this on a per-author basis and per-post. This means that you shouldn’t be accidently converting other people’s posts/pages into Markdown by accident!
Currently this wears the beta label because it could have little bumps which aren’t smoothed out just yet.
- What about my existing content using complex markup?
The WordPress default editor will be used
- Not all of my authors like Markdown, is that a problem?
Currently each author has to manually enable it in their settings, so there is nothing to worry about
- I want Feature X, Y or Z
Do let me know on Twitter http://twitter.com/kennydude
- How do I center align my images?
This is on a site-wide basis and can be enabled by going to Settings -> Writing and there is a “MarkItUp” section.
- Hello world
- Version a made the plugin work on some systems (wrong version of MarkdownExtra)
- More highlighting in the editor
- Images can now be aligned left, center or right
- New Markdown renderer. I rewrote it because the existing one was crap