With Map My Posts, you can easily create maps plotting the location of your posts, based upon your existing tags or categories.
- 3 map types available: Google Maps, Google Static Maps (PNG image), and Geochart Visualizations.
- Embed maps on any page using the shortcodes [mmp-map], [mmp-staticmap], and [mmp-geochart]
- Associate with a country or any specific map location.
- Map My Posts uses existing category or tag names to help define country associations.
- Widgets available to display maps in the sidebar.
- Full control over size, colors, and click functions.
- Perfect for travel bloggers, touring musicians, or anyone else that wants to Map My Posts!
Please leave a message on the wordpress.org support forum for Map My Posts
- WordPress 3.0 or higher
- PHP 5.1.2 or higher
- Download Map My Posts to
/wp-content/plugins/directory and activate plugin.
- Go to the Map My Posts Settings Menu and enter Google API Key and specify defaults.
- There is a courtesy limit of 25,000 Google Maps and Google Static Map requests per day. Google API keys are available through the APIs console
- Under Posts->Categories or Posts->Tags, associate your existing taxonomy with locations. You can also add new categories or tags with locations for Map My Posts in this area.
- Add one of the Map My Posts widgets to the sidebar, if desired.
- Edit a post or page and add a Map My Posts shortcode.
Less is more. Light is better. You original idea is awesome. Keep going ! These updates would be appreciate :
– an update to use the new Google Map API,
– make it 100% WPML compatible (join translated locations using shortcode static map)
– be able to add our own custom taxonomy from the dashboard
Plugin is useless as it has zero functionality. Probably needs a minor update, but currently has no support and no updates.
Thank you for this plugin! Exactly what I was looking for, I especially enjoy the geochart! Good job!
Contributors & Developers
“Map My Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Adjusted admin permissions. Spanish translation thanks to Web Hosting Hub!
Fixed bug: shortcode not appearing in correct location on pages and posts.
Included POT file for plugin translation.
Removed assets directory from plugin package to reduce filesize.
Initial public release.