This plugin helps user to notify reply to previous commenter in same post via simply insert ‘@+user+blank’ or ‘@+user+:’ (like twitter) to specify user name in comment.
- The main funciton of plugin is to detect comment content and automatically send mail notification if associated option is activated.
<?php mailtocommenter_button();?>to generate button to earier insert code or generate link to comment. This function is almost the same with reply to plugin except the style of button can be fully customized by admin.
Basically, all settings can be easily configured via option page under dashboard. Admin has ability to:
- Activate mail notification.
- Activate usage of ‘@all’ which allows user to group send reply to all previous commenter in same post.
- Set the output and style of button which is used to help user to easily insert code (‘@user ‘ or ‘@user:’) in their comment.
- Cutomize the mail templete (subject and message.). User is encouraged to use pre-defined variables to customize owner template.
template.txtfile provides some default text content of mail template just for your reference.
Various options with corresponding explanation are listed in ‘Mail to commenter options’ page, you can customize the using of plugin by setting different combination of options. For example,
you may not want to use mail notification, but you also can use
<?php mailtocommenter_button();?> function to create a hyperlink to comment.
Click here to see change log.
- Plugin will automatically load language pack according to wordpress language defined in wp-config.php. Default is english. Available language pack: English,Chinese, Belorussian (Contributor: Fat Cow).
- Chinese user please check here for chinese instruction.
- 2009-06-19: Add Belorussian language file. Thanks Fat Cow.
- [1.3.4] 2008-12-20: Pass focus to comment form after button been clicked.
- [1.3.3] 2008-11-12: Fixed mail sending problem in case that the output of button uses @reply form .
- [1.3.2] 2008-11-05: Fixed comment content display bug in notification mail. Thanks Sofish.
- [1.3.1] 2008-10-28: Fix description display bug.
- [1.3] 2008-10-27: Several bugs fixed, new options added, e.g, language pack optional in dashboard; compatible with @reply plugin.
- [1.2] 2008-08-27: Fix bug to avoid losing previous setting in upgrade.
- [1.1] 2008-08-26: Fixed bug of unapproved comment also triggers mail sending. Add display nothing option to button output.
- [1.0] 2008-08-25: 1.0 released.
- Why commenter doesn’t recieve notification mail?
Be sure mail notification is activated. Default is deactivated.