The MailerMailer plugin allows you to easily add your signup form to your WordPress 3.5 or higher site through a widget or shortcode.
In order to use this plugin you must have an API key provided by MailerMailer. If you don’t have an API key please request one by emailing our support team at email@example.com.
After plugin installation, you’ll be asked to enter your API key so that we can retrieve your form. You’ll then be able to customize the form appearance before you add it to your site.
You’ll be able to adjust the following form settings:
- Text color
- Border color
- Border width
- Background color
Should you modify your signup form on MailerMailer, you’ll be able to easily update it through the plugin.
Our support team is available to assist you by chat, email and phone. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding this plugin. However, make sure to check out the plugin FAQ section first.
- Place the unzipped ‘mailermailer’ plugin folder into ‘/wp-content/plugins/’, or use WordPress’s built-in Plugin installer
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Setup the plugin under Settings > MailerMailer Settings
- Enter your API key under ‘API Settings’
- Set up a CAPTCHA under ‘CAPTCHA Settings’ (optional)
- Customize your form options and appearance under ‘Form Settings’
Add the form to your site through either a widget or shortcode
* Widget: Under Appearance > Widgets, Look for ‘MailerMailer Widget’ and drag it to the desired widget location
* Shortcode: Add the shortcode [mailermailer_form] to posts or pages where you want the form to display
- What is MailerMailer?
MailerMailer is a powerful email marketing tool made easy. Send email newsletters and marketing messages with our do-it-yourself email marketing service.
- Where can I find my API key?
API keys are available upon request. If you’d like one, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I set up the CAPTCHA?
If you’d like to add a CAPTCHA to your MailerMailer signup form, you’ll first need to follow the instructions on Google for obtaining an API key pair. Once you have the pair of keys, you can enter them under Settings > MailerMailer Settings > CAPTCHA Settings.
- I just changed my signup form on MailerMailer. How do I update the widget?
Navigate to the MailerMailer Settings page in your admin panel (Settings > MailerMailer Settings) and click
on ‘Refresh Form.’ That’s it! If the update succeeded you’ll be greeted with a success message.
- I just received an error message saying ‘An error has occurred.’ What should I do?
Please contact our support team with your problem and we’ll do our best to solve it. The plugin logs any MailerMailer specific errors, so if you have access to the logs, provide those entries when contacting our support team.
This plugin is super easy to use. It basically makes a miniature version of the sign-up form that MailerMailer hosts for you, but puts it right in your WordPress.
There aren’t a ton of customization options, but it’s more than enough for my purposes. Literally took me about 2 minutes to set the whole thing up.
The one thing to note is that you need to sync the WordPress plugin every time you make changes to the hosted signup form on MailerMailer, otherwise your updated fields don’t display.
Contributors & Developers
“MailerMailer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Update tested version to 4.7
- Update tested version to 4.6
- Fix quirky form field validation/highlighting
- Fix README.md and readme.txt accidentally introduced in 1.2.0
- Update tested version to 4.5.2
- Add support for reCAPTCHA
- Update tested version to 4.4
- Update mailermailer-api-php wrapper to version 1.0.6
- Sync country code display with that of the web service itself
- Update tested version to 4.3
- Update tested version to 4.2.2
- Fix bug where ‘Powered by’ tagline would display despite being disabled
- Update tested version to 4.0
- Update mailermailer-api-php wrapper to version 1.0.5
- Fix bug where the same notification would display multiple times
- Fix bug where hidden fields were being displayed on the signup form
- Update mailermailer-api-php wrapper to version 1.0.4
- Initial release