Mail From is WordPress plugin that that allows you to change the default firstname.lastname@example.org email address that WordPress sends it’s email from, and the name of the sender that the email is from. It’s as simple as that.
1. Fixed a problem where the default settings weren’t saving when the plugin is first activated.
1. Fixed a problem with Blog name not escaping single quote properly
2. Tidied up functions and added a setup default settings function
3. Fixed some admin page style issues with version previous to 2.5
4. Bumped version number to 1.0
1. Actually added the display of the final email address WordPress is using
1. Added the display of the final email address WordPress is using
2. Tweaked Settings Page to suit WordPress 2.5
1. Added the ability to change the sender’s name the mail is coming from.
2. The plugin will now remove invalid characters from the user name and domain name and convert to lower case when the settings are updated.
1. Initial release.
The settings for Mail From are very simple. You can specify the sender name, the user name part of the email address and the domain part of the email address, e.g:
The default settings are set to the name of your site for the sender name, and the default email address is email@example.com, where example.com is the domain or subdomain that your WordPress is installed at.
No known issues at this time.
If you find any bugs or want to request some additional features for future releases, please log them the projects tracker page
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the archive and expand it.
- Upload the mail-from folder into your wp-content/plugins/ directory
- In your WordPress Administration Area, go to the Plugins page and click Activate for Mail From
Once you have Mail From installed and activated you can change it’s settings in Options > Mail From.