Defines sidebar areas in
admin_footer. You may extend the list.
Additionally, the plugin creates a new widget, called Unfiltered Text. Very similar to the regular text widget, but it doesn’t insert any extra markup.
Upload the directory to your plugin directory.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
I found the Magic Widgets plugin recommended somewhere online when my amazon widget code stopped showing, the “unfiltered text” widget can be dragged into any widget area, then my amazon widgets were showing again!
Haven’t tried the header or footer options yet.
Hoping this plugin gets an update sometime as it has good potential!
Contributors & Developers
“Magic Widgets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed labels for visibility options.
- Use fixed font for the textarea.
- Added a title to identify the widgets easier. The title will not be printed in sidebars, it is for internal use only.
- Added @dnaber-de as contributor. Thanks!
- Removed secondary plugin.
- Moved widget class to a separate file, so you can use it without activating the main plugin.
- Made the plugin translatable.
- Added German translation.
- Added extendable visibility options.
- Fixed a problem with the version numbers. Updates should now work better.