Automatically generate thumbnails for your posts !
Retrieve first image from Google Images, Flickr or Pixabay thanks to API, based on your post title and add picture as your featured thumbnail when you publish the post.
Settings allow you to configure some settings for your automatics images : Image bank, language search, posts types chosen, image type, free-to-use or not, image size and much more.
You can :
- Generate thumbnail for one post ( or page, custom post type… )
- Generate thumbnails massively for chosen posts
- Generate automatically thumbnails : Now compatible with WPeMatico, CyberSyn, Rss Post Importer, FeedWordPress & WP All Import
Magic post thumbnail is improving progressively. Feel free to post on the forum or email me to give your suggestion or warn about a bug.
- Create a configurable cron
- More translations (you can help)
The Plugin works for me. I hope for optimice in feature 🙂
* Compatible with plugin WP All Import
* Fix error with google scraping method
* Fix JS Error with tabs * Add Google Image Scraping Method : Google API is complicated to generate Google Search engine ID and API Key.
* Remove error with Google API Key.
* Remove fatal error
* Updates with Google API. Google API ID/key to provide.
* Fix pixabay API lock. API Username/key to provide. * Now compatible with autoblog plugins CyberSyn, Rss Post Importer & FeedWordPress
* Add Flickr & Pixabay API * Improve checking image file type * Possibility to select a part of the title * Remove some bugs while scraping
* Bug fix for non-latin image filename
* No more CURL or allow_url_fopen used. Replaced by WP function wp_remote_request() : More secure and compatible * Images better scrapped * Image filename renamed by post title instead of original scrapped filename * Compatible with the cron WPeMatico plugin * More options into Search Preferences menu * Some security improvements * Remove some bugs while scraping
* Add the link plugin on the wordpress plugins page. * Add "Domain Path" and "Text Domain" * Remove an useless function "add_post_meta" when saving a post
* Solution has been found to get back Google Image with Google API * Generation phrases have changed color * Work with now with CURL or allow_url_fopen
* Plugin doesn't support anymore Google Image. Replace by free to use Pixabay.com
* Add option "Generate Magic Post Thumbnail" for Custom Post Type
* Enable mass generation with servers that block some kind of ajax calls. * Add error message when there is no image on Google, and don't create a blank image. * Action 'edit_post' changed to 'save_post' for compatibility when publishing a new post
* Generation didn't work anymore with some selected countries in the list. Fixed. * Choice to generate thumbnail or not regardless for each post * Mass generation of post thumbnails with Action "Generate Magic Post thumbnail"
* Add "tbm=isch" at the end of the scraping Google URL. Otherwise it doesn't work any more.
* Error Message on settings with allow_url_fopen OFF * Less empty image generated
* First release * Automatically generates featured images