Allows the user to embed Vimeo movie clips by entering a shortcode (
) into the post area. Vimeo’s options regarding the display of meta properties like by-line, title, or the video author’s portrait are supported as short code attributes. We built this plugin as a solution for embedding videos on our site.
HTML5 embed code contributed by Gabriele Maidecchi. German translation by @talkpress.
- Enter the
short code into any post.
clip_idis the number from the clip’s URL (e.g.
- Optionally modify the clip’s appearance by specifying width or height, like so:
- Toggle the display of byline, portrait and title like so:
- Using empty values for either the
heightattributes will cause Lux Vimeo to calculate the proper dimension based on a 16:9 aspect ration. Example:
lux_vimeo.zipand upload the contained files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
It does not display the video at all, only the text “auto playing auto muting video”. DO NOT BOTHER.
this plugin should be removed
Contributors & Developers
“Vimeo Short Code” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Bug fixes
- Remove deprecated old embedding method with OBJECTs
- Tested for WP 3.8.1-alpha compatibility
- Tested for WP 3.7-alpha compatibility
- Added attributes: byline, title, portrait, html5 (props Gabriele Maidecchi), color
- Fixed bug in dimension calculation.