The “LuckyWP Wiki Linking” plugin allows to easily organize a linking in the wiki style on the website: you specify the keyword phrases for a post, and the plugin places links to this post on other website pages that have the keyword phrases are present in the text.
You DON’T NEED to manually place each individual link, the plugin will make it for you.
When placing a link in a post, whole words are only taken into account. For example, the link with the keyword phrase bus will be added to the text:
She got on the bus at Clark Street.
… and the link will NOT be added to the text:
I’m here on business.
In addition to links to the posts of the website, you can also place custom external links by specifying them when adding a keyword phrase.
The typical use cases:
- When creating/changing a post we add a keyword phrase to it.
- We click on the “Bind to posts” button next to the keyword phrase.
- Profit! Links to the post are already available on other website pages.
In the premium version the second step can be skipped — links will automatically be created!
- Up to 30 keyword phrases for the entire website (In the premium version the number of keyword phrases is unlimited) and unlimited number of links to them.
- The links is displayed ONLY on the single page of a post, in all other places (RSS feed, the editor on the control panel and etc.) this link will NOT be displayed.
- Placing of links in the posts and the pages.
- Placing of links in custom post types.
- Support of links to third-party websites for keyword phrases.
- Access to the functionality of the plugin is only for the administrator (the premium version also allows to configure the access for other roles).
- Adding of keyword phrases while editing a post.
- View the list of posts in which the link is placed.
- Statistics on the number of links to the keyword phrase.
- Number of links to the keyword phrase can be set.
- Number of links in a post for each post type can be set separately.
Installing from the WordPress control panel
- Go to the page “Plugins > Add New”.
- Input the name “LuckyWP Wiki Linking” in the search field
- Find the “LuckyWP Wiki Linking” plugin in the search result and click on the “Install Now” button, the installation process of plugin will begin.
- Click “Activate” when the installation is complete.
Installing with the archive
- Go to the pages “Plugins > Add New” on the WordPress control panel
- Click on the “Upload Plugin” button, the form to upload the archive will be opened.
- Select the archive with the plugin and click “Install Now”.
- Click on the “Activate Plugin” button when the installation is complete.
- Upload the folder
luckywp-wiki-linkingto a directory with the plugin, usually it is
- Go to the page “Plugins > Add New” on the WordPress control panel
- Find “LuckyWP Wiki Linking” in the plugins list and click “Activate”.
In the WordPress control panel menu the item “Wiki Linking” will appear, here you can manage the keyword phrase and links, as well as change the plugin settings.
On the editing page of posts and pages the metabox “Wiki Linking” will appear, where you can add keyword phrases to these posts.
Contributors & Developers
“LuckyWP Wiki Linking” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“LuckyWP Wiki Linking” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “LuckyWP Wiki Linking” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0.3 — 2019-10-30
- Added check premium version of plugin.
- Added POT-file.
1.0.2 — 2019-10-28
- Added translation support via translate.wordpress.org.
- Fixed: incorrectly work with pages.
- Fixed: ignoring database character collate.
- Fixed: notice on WP_DEBUG mode.
1.0.1 — 2018-05-23
- Minor bug fixes.
1.0.0 — 2018-05-11
- Initial release.