LogCloud provides a shortcode that generates a tag cloud with logarithm scaled font sizes.
LogCloud displays a tag cloud much like the built-in WordPress tag cloud, except that instead
of scaling the font sizes linearly, the sizes are scaled using a logarithm scale.
If you use your tags with approximately equal frequency, the normal linear scale works just
fine. However, if you tag your posts such that just a few tags predominate, the linear scale
results in one or two very large looking tags in your cloud, and everything else will use a
couple of font sizes at the lower end of the scale. A log scale cloud will result in a more
even distribution for this situation.
Unpack logcloud to your plugins directory (preferably using handy-dandy built-in install tools), then activate it.
To use logcloud, insert the [logcloud] shortcode anywhere you want a tag cloud to be.
The following attributes may be added to [logcloud]:
- smallest – smallest font size to use (default 8)
- largest – largest font size to use (default 22)
- unit – CSS unit for sizing fonts (default ‘pt’)
- number – number of tags to display (default 45). use 0 to display all tags.
- format – ‘flat’ or ‘list’ (default ‘flat’)
- orderby – ‘name’ or ‘count’ (default ‘name’)
- order – ‘ASC’, ‘DESC’ or ‘RAND’ (default ‘ASC’)
- exclude, include – tag slugs to exclude or include
- link – ‘view’ or ‘edit’ (default ‘view’)
- min_usage – minimum count for a tag to be displayed (default 0)
- usecolors – whether to scale colors or not (default 0)
- mincolor – hex color code for ‘minimum’ color (default ‘#000000’)
- maxcolor – hex color code for ‘maximum’ color (default ‘#FFFFFF’)
LogCloud also adds a widget that can be used in your sidebar if you have widgets enabled.
Options are the same as above, except the link option is not available.
Contributors & Developers
“LogCloud” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
initial version; cut-and-paste of wp_tag_cloud with log scaling replacing linear scaling and using a shortcode
added min_usage argument
added scaling by color
fixed a divide by zero bug