Live+Press allows you to crosspost WordPress entries to a LiveJournal account either automatically or on a post by post basis. Crosspostable options include user pic, current music, current mood, custom friends lists, disable or enable comments, and insertion of a link back to the original wordpress entry.
This plugin is licensed under GPLv3. All contributions and suggestions are welcome.
Please report bugs to the Support Forum
Current version features list:
* cross posting full posts or exerpts with lj_cuts tags * cross posting of User Pics, Moods, Music, and Tags * choose LiveJournal security level and custom friends lists * enable / disable comments on livejournal side * include a link back to the original wordpress post * cross posts either Tags or Categories as tags on LiveJournal * post delete also deletes livejournal post * automatic crosspost email and cell phone text (multimedia posts possible with PostMaster plugin) * non-roman alphabet support: Ie, Cyrillic, Kanji, Sanskrit, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew, etc
- Quick edits will not update a crossposted entry
* download the plugin to your local computer * Extract the plugin archive * ftp the entire livepress/ directory to your wordpress plugin directory * Go to your WordPress Dashboard -> General -> Writing and make sure XML-RPC is enabled. * Go to your plugins admin page and activate the LivePress plugin * Go to the Settings -> LivePress to configure your plugin on the admin page
Using shell access
* cd to your wp-contents/plugins directory of your wordpress installation * download the plugin archive directly * # wget https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/livepress.x.x.x.zip * unzip the files * unzip livepress.x.x.x.zip * If you ran this as root, you may need to fix file ownerships * chown -R <wpuser> livepress * again, check file ownership * Go to your WordPress Dashboard -> General -> Writing and make sure XML-RPC is enabled. * Go to your plugins admin page and activate the LivePress plugin * Go to the Settings -> LivePress to configure your plugin on the admin page
Crossposting Text Via Email
* Configure wordpress to use email to post to the blog (https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_to_your_blog_using_email) * Configure the "Email Crossposting" section in the LP admin page
Crossposting Image/Video Via Email
* Follow instruction above, plus.. * Install and configure the PostMaster plugin. * LivePress will crosspost the entry to Livejournal along with the multimedia content.
- How do I crosspost an excerpt?
Type in an excerpt in the “exerpt” section of wordpress’ new-post page then select “excerpt only” in the lj extras section of the page.
Contributors & Developers
“Live+Press” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Added stripslashes to LP data on its way out of the database to prevent recursive backslashes
- Removed Userpic text box option. No longer used.
- Corrected bug with e-mail crossposting
_by Tania Morell (aka “digsite”)_
- LJ logins beyond the first one failed to authenticate.
- Saving a draft no longer triggers a crosspost.
- Replaced SCRIPT_URI with is_admin in two places in lpextras.php
- A broken LJ site no longer affects LP or WP as a result of LP
- Added CSS style formatting on the admin page to make options easier to follow
- Changed how LP processes post content before crossposting – using apply_filters
- Added support for Cyrillic alphabet / Russian language
- Addressed complaints with apostrophes, commas, slashes in the body and title
- fixed unpopulated dropdowns, uncommented switcher.
- too many connection attempts by the plugin cause livejournal to block the source IP.
- LiveJournal linkback links directly to the post page instead of the blog main page.
- fixed problem where saving a draft would result in a published post to livejournal.
- fixed problem with breaking blog when lj is down
- fixed problem getting and storing postid from LJ when posting via email.
- fixed missing linkbacktext from email post.