A shortcode used to display other shortcodes, html tags, and ascii characters without having them reverted by the WYSIWYG editor. Does [ ], < >, and custom chr codes with several easy to remember shortcodes for each.
- This plugin’s readme.txt file was generated by the bitacre Readme Generator for WordPress Plugins.
Donations are graciously accepted to support the continued development and maintenance of this and other plugins. We currently accept Paypal and kind words.
- Download the latest zip file and extract the
- Upload this directory inside your
- Activate ‘Literal Shortcode’ on the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Insert the shortcode in a post or page (replacing category-slug with an acutal slug name) to return the number of posts in that category.
- How do I add this into my posts?
To display the shortcode
[gallery]without invoking it, you would type [brace]gallery[/brace].
If you need opening AND closing shortcodes, you’ll have to do it twice. So, to display
[flv]uploads/maru.flv[/flv]without invoking it, you would type [brace]/flv[/brace]uploads/maru.flv[brace]flv[/brace].
To display the html tag
<div>without invoking it, you would type [arrow]div[/arrow].
To insert a custom ascii character, you would type [chr num=”##”] where ## is the character code you want to print.
- Why did you make this?
I have a WordPress blog about WordPress stuff (very meta), so it’s helpful to be able to display code like this without having it executed, or reverted by the editor.
- Can I change the shortcode?
Yes, just open
literal-shortcode.phpand add or change what text you want to trigger the shortcode in on of the arrays near the bottom. If this gets any kind of popularity, I’ll make that easier by adding an options page.
- Can you add this feature I just thought of?
Can I? Yes. Will I? Yes, if I think it would be a helpful addition. I’m trying to keep things clean and simple, but there’s always room for improvement, so let me know if you think a feature is lacking!
Contributors & Developers
“Literal Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First released version.
- There may still be bugs, but I can’t find any.