This plugin will enable you to easily add Video,Audio,Image,Iframe,and Inline content to your WordPress site.Using it is as simple as adding the shortcodes to your post and page or if preferred adding the shortcodes to the required theme template files.
A demo can be found here here
- Support for Video and Audio content.
- Support for image,iframe,inline content.
- Lots of admin options to play with
- Lots of shortcodes parameter to customize each popup modal.
- Thumbnail Support.
- Gallery Support.
the popup event.
Supported Video Sites
Supported Audio Sites
Add the shortcodes to your post or pages. The href attribute should be the url of your video or Audio content
The anch should be the anchor text.
[litebox href="http://cnn.com" anch="Iframe" ]
[litebox href="#inline" anch="Inline" ]
Single Image Example
[litebox href="../wp-content/uploads/2014/07/HD-1.jpg" ] [litebox href="../wp-content/uploads/2014/07/HD-2.jpg" ] [litebox href="../wp-content/uploads/2014/07/HD-3.jpg" ] [litebox href="../wp-content/uploads/2014/07/HD-4.jpg" ]
Group Image Example
For group images use the group attribute , the value can be any string, but must the same for the entire images.
[litebox href="../wp-content/uploads/2014/07/HD-1.jpg" group="ghd"] [litebox href="../wp-content/uploads/2014/07/HD-2.jpg" group="ghd"] [litebox href="../wp-content/uploads/2014/07/HD-3.jpg" group="ghd"] [litebox href="../wp-content/uploads/2014/07/HD-4.jpg" group="ghd"]
Shortcode Theme file Example
Add the function with the shortcodes to your theme template files
<?php echo do_shortcode('[litebox href="http://vimeo.com/45427826" ]'); ?>
- PHP 5
- Web browser with enabled Javscript (required for litebox)
- Download the .zip file of the plugin and extract the content.
- Upload the complete
liteboxfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to to litebox settings page and select the default options which should be used.
- That’s it! You’re done. Now you can place your shortcodes to your post/pages or your theme files.
- How do I install this plugin?
You can install as others regular wordpress plugin. No different way. Please see on installation tab.
- Why can’t I see the popup window onclick
- Why is the popup window blank
Check the parameters of the url attribute you provided.
- How can I style the anchor text
Use the class -litebox- to style the anchor text in your css file.
I just wanted a quick and easy way to have a modal with an iframe in it.
Couldn’t have been better.
Was sceptical because there was no positive reviews, but plugin works as intended, and for website I am working on is what I needed.
With Few CSS tweaks is spot on for what I need.
You also might need to include couple more close button solutions, and loading was placed in odd place, but other than that it made my life easier.
Contributors & Developers
“LiteBox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Changed the admin panel.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Added support for more video sites.
- Added support for audio content.
- Added thumbnail support for video and audio content.
- Added more shortcode parameters.
- Added more admin options.
- Dropped support for kickstater vidoes.
- Shortcodes re-written for better plugin performance.
- Added support for image,iframe and inline content.
- Added support for image gallery.
- Added support for overlay opacity customization.
- Added admin option for image settings,
- Now able to customize the litebox overlay color,opacity and position of each individual links.
- Added more shortcodes attributes.
- BugFix: The callback functions are now executed at the right time.
- Initial Release