Be the next BuzzFeed! The listicles plugin creates interactive blocks for generating lists in articles. Unlike traditional lists that use
li, a listicle is intended to provide each section with a header and multiple paragraphs per section.
With this plugin you can insert images, videos, and more inside each list item. The limit is your imagination.
This plugin was originally created for use on LezWatch.TV.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Listicles A block to generate Listicles.
How many list items can I make?
Unlimited, though personally I would recommend 20 or less. Unless you’re BuzzFeed.
How can I format the listicle title?
You can use bold, italics, strikethrough, and links.
What content can I put in the listicle content?
Anything except another listicle. This prevents listception.
How do I add an item?
Press the “Add Item” button at the bottom of your listicle.
How do I reverse the order?
Press the “Toggle Order” button at the bottom of the listicle, or when your whole listicle block is selected, turn on the ‘Reversed’ setting.
Can I move items within the listicle?
Yes! The same way you move any blocks.
The style is pretty bare, can I edit it?
You can edit it via custom CSS on your site.
Contributors & Developers
“Listicles by LezWatch.TV” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- WordPress 6.3 compatibility
- Bugfix: Correct error where you cannot delete block.
- Moderization of calls (import vs const etc)
- Listicle ordering no longer looks weird when reversing – @props jpowersdev
- Bugfix: Adding items broke thanks to a dependency change.
- No functionality changes
- 5.7 compatibility (deprecation fixes)
- Ported from CGB to create-block due to the former being apparently abandoned, and the later being official.