There is a Firefox extension that makes use of LinkPURL which is linked from the URL above.
- Grab the zip file from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/linkpurl.zip
- Check out from svn: svn co http://svn.wp-plugins.org/linkpurl/trunk linkpurl
- Upload the linkpurl folder containing all source files to your plug-ins folder, usually
- Login as an administrator and activate the plug-in via the Plugins menu
- Enter the persistent URL you have created for your blog via the LinkPURL submenu of the Options menu.
- Voila! Your blog may now have its persistent URL bookmarked.
Hit me at leftwing at alumni period rutgers period edu