Automatically insert links via regular expression and associative text. Useful for normalizing links which appear multiple times on a site.
- Upload the plugin directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to Settings->LinkIt Options, insert links using the wizard.
Go to Settings->LinkIt Options. Add/Edit/Remove links from the links using the link grid. The regular expression field is matched against the content of posts/pages. All matches are replaced with the address in the link field using the display name, target, and link template provided.
In Your Posts/Pages
Insert text representing the link which matches the regular expression.
- Will this thing mangle my titles?
It won’t mangle titles.
- Will it mistakenly insert links randomly?
I recommend using some special characters to denote the links – the default regex uses brackets (‘[‘ and ‘]’) to denote the links. Make sure you test your regular expressions to avoid inserting links errantly.
Contributors & Developers
“LinkIt Link Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors