A quick look into LinkedIn Auto Publish :
★ Publish simple text message to LinkedIn ★ Publish message to LinkedIn with image ★ Filter items to be published based on categories ★ Filter items to be published based on custom post types ★ Enable or disable wordpress page publishing ★ Customizable message formats for LinkedIn
LinkedIn Auto Publish Features in Detail
The LinkedIn Auto Publish lets you publish posts automatically from your blog to LinkedIn. You can publish your posts to LinkedIn as simple text message or as text message with attached image. The plugin supports filtering posts based on custom post-types as well as categories.
The prominent features of the LinkedIn Auto Publish plugin are highlighted below.
The various mechanisms of posting to LinkedIn are listed below.
Simple text message Text message with image Share post content with public or your connections
The plugin offers multiple kinds of filters for contents to be published automatically.
Enable or disable publishing of wordpress pages Filter posts to be published based on categories Filtering based on custom post types
Message Format Settings
The supported post elements which can be published are given below.
Post title Post description Post excerpt Permalink Blog title User nicename
Please read the FAQ first if you are having problems.
WordPress 3.0+ PHP 5+
We would like to receive your feedback and suggestions about LinkedIn Auto Publish plugin. You may submit them at our support desk.
- 1. The LinkedIn Auto Publish is not working properly.
Please check the wordpress version you are using. Make sure it meets the minimum version recommended by us. Make sure all files of the
linkedIn auto publishplugin are uploaded to the folder
- 2. How do I restrict auto publish to certain categories ?
Yes, you can specify the categories which need to be auto published from settings page.
- 3. Why do I have to create applications in LinkedIn ?
When you create your own applications, it ensures that the posts to LinkedIn are not shared with any message like “shared via xxx”
- 4. Which all data fields can I send to social networks ?
You may use post title, content, excerpt, permalink, site title and user nicename for auto publishing.
- 5. Why do I see SSL related errors in logs ?
SSL peer verification may not be functioning in your server. Please turn off SSL peer verification in settings of plugin and try again.
More questions ? Drop a mail and we shall get back to you with the answers.
Really easy to install and configure.
Not working on my company page (and no error message!)
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.4.1
- Fixed custom post types autopublish issue
- Fixed duplicate autopublish issue
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.4
- Added option to enable/disable utf-8 decoding before publishing
- Removed unwanted configuration related to ‘future_to_publish’ hook
- Postid added in autopublish logs
- Updated auto publish mechanism using transition_post_status hook
- Open graph meta tags will be prefered for linkedin attachments
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.3.2
- Latest five auto publish logs are maintained
- A few bug fixes
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.3.1
- Updated Linkedin authorization
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.3
- Updated Linkedin API
- Auto publish added during quick edit
- Added option to enable/disable “future_to_publish” hook for handling auto publish of scheduled posts
- Added options to enable/disable “the_content”, “the_excerpt”, “the_title” filters on content to be auto-published
- Fixed category display issue
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.2
- Option to configure auto publish settings while editing posts/pages
- General setting to enable/disable post publishing
- Added auto publish for scheduled post
- Fixed issue related to \” in auto publish
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.1.1
- Added compatibility with wordpress 3.9.1
- Compatibility with bitly plugin
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.1
- View logs for last published post
- Option to enable/disable SSL peer verification
- Option to reauthorize the application
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.0.2
- Bug fixed for in post
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.0.1
- Default image fetch logic for auto publish updated.
LinkedIn Auto Publish 1.0
- First official launch.