Easily set up links like /hop/google/ to redirect users to www.google.com. This can be useful in masking your affiliate links.
If your affiliate link needs to change, you can just change the HOP values in a single place, without having to search your site for outdated links.
- Upload plugin to your wordpress installation plugin directory
- Activate plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Look at the configuration screen (found under
Toolsin the WordPress menu)
- Supply a Name and URL for each redirect you want to use.
- You’re done!
- What’s the Base URL?
If you use
hop, then your redirection links will look like this:
- What’s a Hop Name?
The Hop Name appears after the Base URL in the redirection link. This tells the Link Hopper which destination URL to redirect to.
- Does this include statistics and click-tracking?
No, not at this time. It’s a simple link-redirect script.
Contributors & Developers
“Link Hopper” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Completely re-written code base
- Better compatibility with current versions of WordPress
- Still requires a permalink setting – anything but default, really.
- Older release.