With this plugin you can make a website directory where visitors can add new websites.You also have the posibility to add new categories from your Dashboard and new websites into categories from your website directory page.
Every 24 hours the plugin runs a formula to calculate the page rank of every website from all the categories.
- Download the plugin.
- Install the plugin from your “Plugins” section.
- Now you can go to “LinkDir Options” where you can setup your directory appearance and add new categories.
- To use this plugin you have to set up a page and put the [load_linkdir] shortcode where you want the listing to show up.
- How can I get it working?
You have to set up a page and put a [load_linkdir] tag where you want the listing to show up. Once you’ve done that, you may also want to set up the plugin the way you want it.
- I want the listing to show up on my home page
First, set up a page like it says on question #1 and then head over to WordPress Reading Settings and set the front page to display the page that you want to be your home page.
- The design doesn’t look good / I don’t like it
Currently we have only one (default), which can be edited at any time the way you want. For now, it’s the only way of customizing it, but we promise we’ll add more pre-set designs in further releases. The design files are located in /wp-content/plugins/linkdir/design/.
- How do pageranks work?
Pageranks are calculated using this formula inbound hits * 1,5 + outbound hits. The plugin runs this formula every 24 hours and filters out same IP adresses (maximum 3 hits from one IP, if user agents are different). Then, all links are arranged in descending order by the score, calculated before.
- I’ve noticed a bug, what should I do now?
This is a very first release of the plugin, so bugs are predicted to show up. It would be great if you could notice us.
Contributors & Developers
“Link Directory Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors