Does what it says on the tin!
So what is the plugin? The name says it all really, this just adds a Save and Close button to all pages, posts and custom post types. We’ve done away with the click so no longer do you need to hit “Update” or “Publish” then click back your post/page listing. Save and Close will just take you right back to your list of posts! Simples!
At Lightbulb we love to give a little back and this is our way of saying thanks to WordPress. Also to all of our comrades populating websites or doing lots of edits this one is for you! Saving those precious seconds and making your lives happy and RSI free.
Developed by Lightbulb Digital.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You’ll now see an “Update and Close” button when editing a post, or a “Publish and Close” button when creating a post!
Just installed to my 4.5.2 and it worked great then upgraded to 4.5.3 and still works wow after years of no updates it’s still working. Glad I gave this a try. Would be cool if author came back and adjusted the update/close button to be on the same line as the normal update button so it takes up less room but still great pluggin.
Used to have Save & Close button in Joomla and was very frustrated, when none was found in WordPress. This little plugin helped me restore my belief in humankind. Thank you!
P.S.: Works perfectly on WP 4.5.2 despite that it hasn’t been updated for quite a while.
Contributors & Developers
“Save and Close” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial public release
- Maintain post visibility when saving
- Allow post status to be changed to draft/pending when updating
- Redirect back to previous post listing URL (to maintain filters and pagination)
- Show notification when a post is saved
- Redirect fix