This is a super lightweight plugin to insert a set of social share links at the bottom of each post, focused on technical blogs.
With this plugin you have simple options to configure. Simply enable or disable to show or not the bookmark social links.
This is the list of used social sites:
- Yahoo Buzz
- Google Buzz
- Mister Wong
The plugin is implemented using the most simplistic html code to ensure fast load and minimal impact on your blog.
Works with IE6 and HTML feed (atom, rss) readers. Handles selective placement and position of the links (working in better support for this).
For more customizations see: Light Social WordPress plugin
- Download and extract it
- Copy lightsocial folder to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Do I have to configure something?
No, simply enable or disable the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Light Social” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added PHP4 style class constructor.
- Reverted normal plugin init order.
- Added position setting.
- Minor optimization.
- Major refactor towards better design.
- Preparing code base to support multiples user’s requests.
- Code moved to PHP “class”.
- Created admin page with enabled option.
- Full support for Google Buzz.
- Minor changes in CSS.
- Testing with WP 3.0 beta.
- Added Google Buzz (aka. Google Reader) support.
- Fixed an issue regarding feed display.
- Added Mister Wong social site (commented by default).
- Added line for single post only placement.
- Added lightsocial_a and lightsocial_img style class elements. This fix some style related issues.
- Added Faves social site (commented by default).
- Prepared for translation.
- Fixed “undefined function: preg_last_error” error.
- Added Viadeo social site (commented by default).
- Handles selective placement and position of the links.
- Added DotNetShoutout social site.
- New Facebook icon.
- New Twitter icon.
- Code refactor for better readability.
- Fix to work with HTML feed (atom, rss) readers.
- Updated plugin homepage url.
- Fix in Delicious icon.
- Added StumbleUpon social site.
- New icons (now PNG).
- Fix for transparent png in IE6.
- Minor fix (added dash character for name changes).
- First and stable version.