A simple yet robust solution for creating modals within the WordPress block editor.
- Fully customizable using the native block editor style controls
- Trigger modal on click for any element via CSS selector
- Trigger modal on page load after X milliseconds
- Set cookie to not show modal again on page load until X minutes have elapsed
- Custom modal width
- Optional close button
- API enabled
- Only 2kb gzipped
- Accessibility enabled
The Light Modal block uses a modified version of the Micromodal library.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Light Modal Block Lightweight, customizable modal block for the WordPress block editor
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/light-modal-blockdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
How can I programatically open or close a modal?
Each modal is given a unique ID, which can be found inside the inspector controls of the block settings. It will look something like:
To open a modal:
To close a modal:
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Light Modal Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix: Modal blocks not showing in sidebar or advanced controls if a nested block
- Enhancement: Add typography style controls
- Fix: Block editor toolbar crash
- Fix: Add backdrop color control
- Enhancement: Set cookie to not display modal again until X minutes have elapsed
- Enhancement: API to programatically open and close modal
- Fix: Update CSS styling
- Initial release