Currently in BETA
Libsyn Hosting Account Required
Not already hosting with Libsyn? Sign up at http://libsyn.com, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Connect your Libsyn podcast hosting service to your WordPress site for easy episode publishing. This plugin will allow easy creation of episodes, generating episode drafts, and scheduling posts.
Media file uploads direct to Libsyn, as well as by using already loaded WordPress media or access your Libsyn FTP Dropbox all from one place.
Your media files stay hosted with Libsyn, and your RSS feed will still be generated by Libsyn as well, meaning your web hosting server remains unaffected by your podcast and your RSS feed and media files are unaffected by your web hosting server. It’s the best of both worlds.
- Installation Instructions
- This plugin is in public beta. There may be bugs that prevent the plugin from being used. Please report any bugs to email@example.com.
- This plugin will not work with other podcast publishing plugins enabled. Please make sure they are at least disabled before attempting to install this plugin.
- In order to use this plugin, you also require a podcast hosting account with Libsyn. Plans start at $5 per month.
- In order to install and activate this plugin in WordPress, you will need PHP 5.3 or higher.
- Log into your Libsyn account and click on the green arrow in the upper right hand corner, then go to Manage WordPress Plugins
- Click Add New WordPress Plugin
- Give the plugin a name (used only for your own organizational purposes)
- Enter the root domain the plugin will be installed on
- Hit Save and write down or otherwise save the Client ID and Client Secret you are given.
- In your WordPress dashboard, install the Libsyn plugin from the plugin directory and make sure it is activated
- Click on Libsyn Podcasting in your left hand menu
- Enter your Client ID and Client Secret and hit Save
- Enter your Libsyn login credentials and hit Login
- Accept the permissions
- Under Select Show, select the show you want to use for publishing and Save your changes
If you have any questions with the setup process or usage of the plugin, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
While still in experimental phases, the plugin has made posting my show a breeze and the devs have been quick to respond with any concerns including updates to keep my show moving right along!
Contributors & Developers
“Libsyn Podcasting Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing updates not to work properly.
- Tested up to WordPress 4.7.3
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and updates.
- Error logging added for better support.
- Changed the plugin settings pages (bug fixes).
- Tested up to PHP version 7.0.8
- Improved the re-authentication process for expired authorizations.
- Added better support for text domains.
- Better support for custom install directories.
- Added Edit Episodes selection on Post Episode page.
- Added Custom player support.
- Changed Authentication process.
- Added media preview on media uploads.
- Changed Auth process.
- Added Site Url check process.
- Updates some verbage in plugin.
- Added download link in plugin settings.
- Added “clear plugin settings” to settings page.
- Updated descriptions.
- Changed ftp/unreleased view.
- Bug fix causing new categories not to work properly.
- Changed default player sizes.
- Update Social Buttons.
- Bug fix playlist images.
- Fixed file name display on ftp/unreleased media modal.
- Storing additional media information for ftp/unreleased media.
- Added player size, theme, and placement settings.
- Ability to modify player settings on posts.
- Changes to color schemes.
- More streamlined posting process.
- General Bug fixes
- Core build with [podcast] shortcode support
- Added oembed support for Libsyn html5 player.
- Setings updates and playlist support.