LDS Scripture Linker provided by DearScriptures.com converts scripture references in your posts and comments to mouseover links that contain the scripture referenced.
It works for all LDS Standard works (Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price) and the King James Apocrypha.
Do you have suggestions?
Try our plugin out and let me know what you think. If you decide not to use it I would love to know why so I can make it better.
Please send your suggestions, likes, dislikes, etc to email@example.com
Examples of LDS Scripture Linker in use
LDS Scripture Linker Version 2.9.1 is now available!
I recommend you update to the latest version.
Version 2.9.1 – Released on 12/27/2010
- added more book abbreviations such as Mt. for Matthew and Mk. for Mark
- added option to remove dearscriptures.com link in the popup window
Version 2.9 – Released on 1/31/2010
- skip references already linked
- small CSS changes to bottom text in popup window
Version 2.8 – Released on 1/25/2010
- added configurable option to link each verse reference to http://scriptures.lds.org
- added a configurable option to clear the scripture cache.
- changed from cache folder in the plugin dir to using the WordPress database for storing previously fetched scripture references
- added ability to drag window – when a user clicks on the reference, a drag icon will show up allowing him to drag the reference around on the page.
- Updated the icon to a png so it works on all backgrounds
- Added smart local cache of scripture references – one cache file per page.
- added scripture_linker.js to the installation so it is local
Version 2.5.2 – Released on 1/14/2010
- Fixed version syntax error
Version 2.5.1 – Released on 1/14/2010
1.fixed a bug where it was querying the Dearscriptures API even if there were no references on the page.
Version 2.5 – Released on 1/13/2010
- Single query to dearscriptures.com.
- Placed scripture meta data at bottom of page to resolve problem emailing a post.
- Added dearscriptures icon to the plugin directory so it was not another external hit
- Made all references popup on mouse over – clicking on reference will set the popup to open so you can read long references…
Version 2.4 – Released on 1/12/2010
- googleoff tags are now only used once
- removed extra carriage returns at end that sometimes caused problems on some servers.
Version 2.3 – Released on 1/11/2010
- moved the scripture data below the post text to solve a paragraph format issue.
Version 2.2 – Released on 1/10/2010
- Fixed problem whith anpersands
- Fixed problem with paragraphs