IMPORTANT NOTE: The original author of this plugin no longer maintains it. If you
wish to take over the project, please feel free to get in touch.
The LBAK Google Checkout plugin is aimed mainly at small projects that just want
to sell a few things on their blog through Google Checkout and don’t want too
much else apart from ease of use.
This plugin is really easy to set up and you will be selling your products
within 20 minutes of installing it. It offers:
- An easy way of integrating Google Checkout into your WordPress blog.
- An easy way to add products to a database on your blog and display them in
your blog posts with short codes.
- Customisable settings and CSS to help you get the look and feel that you want.
- An option to totally customise how your product looks using the Google
Checkout API if you feel comfortable doing that.
- Very little excess and clutter.
The frequently asked questions can be found either inside the plugin or at
- As of this release, the original author provides no official support for
this plugin. If you wish to take over writing it, please get in touch.
- Fixed another bug with the auto updating of the custom html field.
- Added the ability to add a custom dropdown box for things such as colour.
- Fixed a bug that kept adding to the end of custom html and breaking the html of the page. Kudos to Cameron for the bug report.
- Fixed a display bug regarding GBP.
- Added a variety of validation checking to stop false reports of success from
- Added the ability to add a User Input field to your products (useful for
adding fields such as engravings)
- Internal file restructuring to help with readability.
- Added in usage tracking to help with debugging in future. There is an opt-out
option on the settings page.
- Made the Help/FAQ still load if your server does not have cURL loaded or
*Added some more indexes to the database to allow for faster load times when
- Removed some deprecated files that were causing errors on some systems.
- Fixed a bug with the database update script.
- Another CSS bug fix. Who knows, it might work this time.
- Added another setting to the settings panel. The ability to change the title
colour for products.
- Potential bug fix loading CSS.
- Added the ability to have a dropdown box of prices.
- Fixed a display bug regarding the use of USD as a currency.
- Introduced a new interactive FAQ system.
- First stable release.