Layout Engine simplifies the process of features rich theme building using LessCSS, provides new ways to define default layout and possiblity to override layout by end users using simple drag and drop interface.
Try the Demo
If you’re interested in seeing what Layout Engine has to offer, try out the Test Drive!.
Visit the Layout Engine website for more information.
You can download and install Layout Engine using the built in WordPress plugin installer. If you download manually, make sure it is uploaded to “/wp-content/plugins/layout-engine/”.
Activate Layout Engine in the “Plugins” admin panel using the “Activate” link.
- Can I use my existing WordPress theme?
Of course! Layout engine requires very minimum effort to add features offered by plugin.
Please consider downloading getting started theme to understand how easily you can convert twenty eleven into layout engine twenty eleven theme.
- Where can I get support?
- Where can I report a bug?
Report bugs and participate in development at https://github.com/simpleux/layout-engine.
Contributors & Developers
“Layout Engine” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added custom theme repository support to allow users to download Layout Engine based themes.
- Fixed Settings API textarea fields lesscss_admin.php
- Removed unnecessary screenshots and .github directories in vendors/LessCSS folder to minimize the plugin sinze.