From the makers of Layers, Launchpad by Obox is the best looking holding page for your WordPress site. Great for “coming soon”, “down for maintenance” or launch pages.
There is no premium version! Just great free features 🙂
What is Launchpad?
A WordPress plugin that deploys a beautiful, responsive Coming Soon or Down for Maintenance page for your site. Collect emails, change styles, show social links and more.
How does it work?
Set your launch date, add your copy and go! Or customize and tweak to get the exact holding page you want before you launch your site.
Where can I use it?
Launchpad can be used with any WordPress install. As long as you have a site and as long as you have WordPress then Launchpad will work for you.
Just set the date and go
With minimal setup required, you can simply set your launch date, hit activate and you’re good to go!
Save face with Auto Launch
There is nothing more frustrating than forgetting to turn off maintenance mode as you go live, so we’ve included an ‘Auto Launch’ switch which will help you save face when you go live.
Works with any WordPress theme
It doesn’t matter whether you use an Obox Theme, a free theme or even a custom built theme, Launchpad will work on any kind of WordPress installment.
Add your own logo
Upload your new websites logo or just add the name in text while the logo get’s designed. It’s all up to you.
Three unique themes
Choose between Glossy, Grungy or Minimal themes that have been lovingly designed by the Obox team.
Set your fonts
Select one of our three preset settings or add your Typekit ID and showcase a beautiful landing page with your favorite font!
Eleven gorgeous backgrounds
We have included eleven amazing backgrounds to can choose from, however if you decide that you want something more unique, simply upload your own custom BG.
Drag and Drop the layout
Use the drag and drop layout manager to determine how you want to organize your landing page elements. Move the timer to the top, logo to the bottom or video to the middle. It’s really easy.
Take full control with custom css
Not satisfied with the default settings? No problem, add your own custom css via the settings area and turn the landing page into a truly unique destination for your new site.
Subscriber sign up form
Allow visitors to stay in the loop with latest news and launch times by adding a subscriber form to the landing page.
Add links to your favorite social networks, including Twitter, Facebook, WordPress and Tumblr so that users can be kept in the loop in real time.
- Hotfix for folder compatability
- Added compatability with any folder name (no longer reliant on /launchpad-by-obox/)
- Fixed the home page order selector
- Fixed admin styling (radio buttons)
- Updated admin HTML
- Added WooCommerce compatability
- Ensured that Launchpad does not load its JS in the login screen
- Further compressed the backgrounds for a smaller folder
- Added a background store link
- Fixed the auto launch function
- Fixed the missing dashicon link
- When the auto launch is set and the timer runs out, the website now refreshes itself
- Layers link update
- Fixed any base file warnings
- Added link to Layers to help users create a site easily
- Fixed checkbox layouts in the admin
- Updated field defaults
- Fixed all JS errors including the date picker, logo uploader and drag & drop for the page elements order
- Removed the “Campaign Monitor Username” field in favor of newsletter sign up embed code.
- Fixed missing admin styling
- Fixed the broken files from 1.0.1. Issues with WP SVN
- Updated folder name from /launchpad to /launchpad-by-obox due to WordPress folder naming convention
- Launchpad launched.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Click Plugins > Add new
- Click Upload
- Browse and select launchpad.zip from your PC and then click install now
- Upon installation you will be directed to the Launchpad settings panel
- Activate Launchpad by clicking the activate switch under General.
- Choose the launch date of your website.
- You can check on automatic launch if you want your site to go live at the exact date/time you’ve set.
- There are a number of customizable settings that you can apply to your landing page, including themes, fonts and backgrounds.
- Can I install this on any of my WordPress sites?
Yes you can, just make sure you are running WordPress 3.3 or higher.
- Do I need an Obox theme to use this plugin?
Nope, it works on any type of WordPress install.
- Can I hide the Obox badge at the bottom of the screen?
Yes, there is a checkbox in the General Settings area which allows you to hide the Obox badge.
- Can I still view the front end of my site when I am logged in?
Yep, you can even set the security levels of who can view the front end while logged in. This can be set in under the General settings tab.
Great designs,easy to handle and autolauch !
Beautiful! Quick and simple!
Great plugin! Other Social Networks (YouTube, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram) in “Social Link Options” would help.
This plugin does exactly what I needed (a “Coming Soon” page for non-logged-in users while a new site is being built), and it does it very well.
I particularly like that it offers some easy-to-use settings that allow you to customize it in a wide variety of ways without being overly complicated. I had it installed, activated, customized, and working in under 10 minutes. It even has a built-in ‘preview’ viewer so I can see what it will look like before I ‘flip the switch’ to enable the Coming Soon Page. Nice!
I had configured that our website should go live automatically on a fixed time. However, the plugin somehow failed to remove the countdown page and the whole website basically crashed. Deactivating Launchpad didn’t work, disabling the plugin also didn’t work. I had to remove the plugin, which took a lot of tries since the website was unreachable most of the time. Then install it again, and only then it was fixed. Honestly a terrible experience with this one.
Better than Ultimate and Maintenance Mode plugins… Does everything and simply.
Contributors & Developers
“Launchpad – Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors