This is a WordPress widget to display the latest blog posts. From the functionality point of view, this widget is just like the standard Recent Posts widget, but with additional functionality: a sharing button to Facebook or Twitter. This button is rendered before the post link, and by default it is configured to show the counter of how many time a particular post is shared in Facebook or Twitter. The presence of this button should entice your readers to share an interesting post in a social media website like Facebook and Twitter.
The ‘sharing’ button is configurable in widget administration screen: you can choose either Facebook or Twitter, but not both. The Facebook sharing button is an official button from Facebook API. The Twitter ‘retweet’ button is taken from Tweetmeme Retweet Button. Either one is small enough to fit into the limited area in latest posts list.
In the Appearance -> Widgets in WordPress 2.8 or newer you’ll find the Latest Posts with Share widget. After adding it to your sidebar you can enter a title for the Widget, and all settings required for this widget to work properly.
- Upload the ‘latest-posts-share’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Appearance -> Widget -> Latest Posts Share, drag and drop it to sidebar area, and start entering your info.
- Deactivate Latest Posts Share in the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- After Deactivation a ‘Delete’ link appears below the plugin name, follow the link and confim with ‘Yes, Delete these files’.
- This will delete all the plugin files from the server as well as erasing all options the plugin has stored in the database.
Please visit Latest Posts Share’ Comments for questions and answers.
Contributors & Developers
“Latest Posts with Share” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
Version 1.1 – 14 June 2009
- Adds feature: Show in Home
Version 1.0 – 10 June 2009
- Initial Release