Since Last Fm discontinued supporting single song embedding on external websites, but left the function intact, I wanted to make a workaround as this function was the most useful thing (to me) that last fm removed.
All you need is the URL for the song you wish to generate embed code for.
Just enter the URL in the field, and it will automatically generate the embed code for the song, and also make a little preview button.
The code can be embedded into a wordpress post or page thereafter.
The Last Fm inline flash player (which is embedded with this script) is not compatable with Flash 10! Any browsers using Flash 10 will not see any Last Fm Play Button.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Goto the dashboard to find Lastfmgen in a submenu there.
- Enter Last.Fm song page URL.
- Click Generate!
- Copy Pasta code into your webpage
- Leave a comment for the Last.Fm-Gen author!