This plugin adds a widget to display your upcoming events (gigs) from Last.FM, with
options for displaying full venue details, linking, etc. Events are displayed using valid
hCal Microformat code (makes no
difference to the display, but plays nicer with the web in general).
This plugin is still in development, but is stable enough that I use it on my own blog. Once other
people have used it successfully for a while I’ll feel happier labelling it stable.
Please feel free to try the plugin on previous versions of WordPress, I think it may work on 2.2, maybe lower.
Please let me know how you get on.
I’m simply noting requests here, I’ve not necessarily looked into how possible any of these are or how much effort they might require.
- BUG REPORT: A lot of the timestamps for events aren’t correct therefore, you see “495 months ago.” because it shows a timestamp of 1969 for some reason even though the dates are correct on last.fm. Is there a way you could have it to just display the date instead of trying to calcuate the time until? (Reported by Mike)
- REQUEST: Would it be possible to have the link to last.fm events open in a new window so it will not load over top of the blog? (Requested by Mike)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the widget to a sidebar, and configure the options (at the least, you need to tell it your LastFM username)
Contributors & Developers
“Last.FM Events” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
* BUG FIX: Corrected the time descriptions (previously it would state “in 3 months, 5 months”, obviously wrong)