With the help of koality.io plugin, the WordPress site or WooCommerce store is monitored with 360° monitoring.
Important: this plugin connects WordPress with an existing koality.io account.
- Inform if there is no space left on the device.
- Inform if the .htaccess changes.
- Inform if the installed WordPress version is outdated or insecure
- Inform if there are too many / unknown admin users in the system
- Inform if there are too many plugins that need an update
- Inform if there are too many pending comments
- Inform if there are too many spam comments
- Inform if the number of orders per hour reaches a critical value
- Inform if the number of products in the shop is too low.
The koality.io basic subscription already includes many monitoring features that will take care of the WordPress or WooCommerce installation. All the checks are done continuously. All these checks are not WordPress specific and can be used for every website.
- Uptime Monitoring – every 5 minutes we check if the webserver and all important urls (avg. 15) are still responding.
- Performance Monitoring – We check browser load time, server load time, page sizes and Lighthouse performance.
- SEO Monitoring – Google Lighthouse checks, Google mobile friendly check and sitemap.xml validation
- Content Monitoring – Checking for dead links and broken images and files.
- Security Monitoring – Monitor HTTPS certificates, cookies, HTTP content on HTTPS pages
We built the monitoring plugin with a simple idea in mind: everybody should be able to extend the metrics that are collected by its own. That is why koality.io will take all the data that is sent and will create beautiful graphs and statistics of it. It will also alert via email, slack or teams if the metrics do not meet the expectations.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
After activating the plugin there appear new menu items in the backend (koality.io). On the main element you will find the API key for koality.io. Please copy this into your clipboard.
Login into koality.io (monitor.koality.io). If you do not have an account yet use the registration form
Choose the project you want to connect to the WordPress plugin. And go to “extras” in the main menu.
Activate the WordPress plugin. It’s free. Afterwards there will be a new menu item “WordPress”.
Switch to the “WordPress” page and click on settings. There you have to enter the API key you copied in step 1.
Done. From now on koality. io does not only monitor your website from the outside but also from the inside.
For more information on “How to install the WordPress plugin” please visit our website.
Contributors & Developers
“360° monitoring (by koality.io)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
It is possible to enable and disable single checks on the configurations page.
New checks for the .htaccess file, that finds changes in it. Added actions to the checks so same things can already be triggered from the koality.io backend.
Checks for comments. Alerts if there are too many pending comments and too many spam comments.
Initial version of the koality.io WordPress plugin. It creates data for the koality.io backend and will allow the monitoring tool to alert if any anomalies are found.