This plugin will add multiple awesome responsive hover effects for the captions of your portfolio/ gallery items in your WordPress site using shortcodes and custom post.
Here’s a step by step user manual:
- Install the plugin. (Find the instructions in the “Installation” section.)
- Find the custom post “Hover Captions” in your WordPress dashboard and click on it’s submenu: Add New.
- Put the title of the item in the “Title” field of the post. Write your description in the content box. Add the image in the “featured image” box (preferred image size: 400px width and 300px height). You can add the author’s name or a sub heading too, by adding a custom field named “author”.
- Use the following shortcode to show all your hover effect portfolio items/gallery items anywhere in your WordPress site.
5. You can control how many items to be shown by using the “show” attribute of our shortcode. By default, it shows all the items. Example:
6. You can categorize the items by using the “category” attribute of our shortcode. (Make sure you type the category name exactly the same in the shortcode, including caps and spaces.) By default, it shows all the items. Example:
- How do I install the plugin
Installing this plugin is just like installing in other plugin. Please, check the “Installation” page for more details.
- All posts are shown, I want to show only 6 of them, what should I do?
You can do this by adding a shortcode attribute named “show”. Please, refer to the “documentation” section for instructions.
- Does this plugin have a short-code button in the TinyMCE Editor?
Currently this plugin doesn’t have a short-code button, you can copy the short-code example from documentation tab and use it as your like.
- Initial Release
- Updated components to work on WordPress 4.0 and fixing a few bugs.
- Introducing the “category” attribute of the shortcode, so that you can control which posts to show, which one’s not to show.