Create a web directory for your WordPress blog using the bookmarks stored in your WordPress
web site. Maintain the bookmarks using the same WordPress Link manager built-in feature. You
can use your own stylesheet to blend it into your blog. Just create a WordPress page and use
short codes to incorporate the web directory. Or create a template page and use the theme
API’s to create a customized web directory page.
You can now incorporate URL submission using the Contact Form 7 plugin. You can display your
list of links in pages if it gets too long.
- Unzip the plugin into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure in WordPress under Links / Manage Directory.
Contributors & Developers
“Web Directory WordPress plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Fixed linkcat validation issue for submission form
- Fixed permalinks to work for blogs under subdirectories
- Added support for a link submission form using the contact form 7 plugin.
- Made some internal plugin changes in preparation for the new features in next major version.
- Default Web Directory theme now works for the default WordPress theme out of the box.
- You can now use paging if your list of links in a category becomes too long
- Detects all in one seo and tries to work nicely when generating the html title meta value
- Added a option to remove prefix label for the Category Title.
- Tested for WordPress 2.8.2