Free Variants of Using WordPress CAPTCHA – KeyCAPTCHA
- Anti-spam protection. Social advertising. Monetization through commercial ads.
- Anti-spam protection. Monetization through commercial ads.
- Anti-spam protection. Social advertising.
- Anti-spam protection without any ads.
You may support charity funds by enabling social advertising in our CAPTCHA.
Also you can earn money by specifying social and commercial advertising shares in CAPTCHA on your website.
KeyCAPTCHA Unique Technologies
- Instead of guessing symbols, our WordPress CAPTCHA offers visitors to complete an easy interactive task.
- If CAPTCHA hasn’t been solved correctly, page refreshing doesn’t take place that allows the user not to fill in the form repeatedly. It occurs since there is an initial checkup of CAPTCHAs in our CAPTCHA servers before sending a filled-in form to the protected web server.
- Our CAPTCHA also can be used even if your hosting provider blocks all outgoing connections.
Effective Anti-Spam Protection
- The geo-cluster is used to operate our CAPTCHA service. Our geo-cluster includes the servers located in diverse European data centers. Some servers are in the special DDoS stable data centers in Switzerland to ensure trouble-free 24x7x365 mode service operation.
- Our CAPTCHA blocks spammers using anonymizers or anonymous HTPP proxies to distribute a hand spam.
- There is no info of correct CAPTCHA solution in the visitor’s browser.
- CAPTCHA verification is processed by the our CAPTCHA servers.
- Data transferring between your web server, the visitor’s browser and our CAPTCHA servers is protected by a digital signature.
- 112 to 165 bit variable length password is used to generate a digital signature.
- Our CAPTCHA is a code executable in the visitor’s browser. It is not a static image as used in typical CAPTCHAs.
- Having received our CAPTCHA, it’s virtually impossible to transfer it to third parties in order to run any task what spammers also do bypassing typical CAPTCHAs.
- Probability of guessing the answer by submitting a random solution is 1 to 30,000,000.
- CAPTCHA-used images are transferred encryptedly.
Integration with WordPress
Our CAPTCHA protects the following forms:
- Registration form
- Comment form
- Login form
- Lost password form
- Contact Form 7
Compatibility and Features:
- Supports Trackbacks and Pingbacks
- Our CAPTCHA is compatible with BuddyPress plugin
- Our CAPTCHA supports two operating modes: Flash and HTML5. HTML5 CAPTCHA mode is used in most modern browsers, such as Mozilla FireFox, Google Chrome, Safari, and also used in iPhone and iPad. The Flash mode has been developed to be used in Internet Explorer and Opera. While loading, CAPTCHA identifies its operating mode depending on the visitor’s browser.
To install our WordPress CAPTCHA you should follow instructions in Installation tab. Otherwise the CAPTCHA won’t work correctly.
KeyCAPTCHA Affiliate Program
KeyCAPTCHA Affiliate Program allows publishers as well as any Internet user to collect incomes. For more information on The KeyCAPTCHA Affiliate Program, go to http://keycaptcha.wordpress.com/captcha-for-site-owners/affiliate-program/
To install our CAPTCHA you have to follow instructions in Installation tab. Otherwise the CAPTCHA won’t work correctly.
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Armenian
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Bulgarian
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Chinese
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Czech
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Danish
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Dutch
- Our CAPTCHA is available in English
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Estonian
- Our CAPTCHA is available in French
- Our CAPTCHA is available in German
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Greek
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Hebrew
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Hungarian
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Italian
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Lithuanian
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Norwegian
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Portuguese
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Polish
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Romanian
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Russian
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Slovak
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Spanish
- Our CAPTCHA is available in Swedish
- Register on and log-in to our site www.keycaptcha.com
- Add your site URL to a Site list.
- Follow the CAPTCHA installation instructions in our Wizard.
- What is CAPTCHA?
A CAPTCHA is a type of challenge-response test used in computing as an attempt to ensure that the response is generated by a person. The term CAPTCHA is an acronym based on the word “capture” and standing for Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.
- What is the difference between your CAPTCHA and other CAPTCHAs?
Ordinary CAPTCHA asks visitors to recognize distorted symbols which are displayed on the CAPTCHA image. The main difference is that our CAPTCHA doesn’t contain any distorted text. Instead of that our CAPTCHA offers visitors to complete simple interactive task. The second important advantage of our CAPTCHA is that it’s more useful for mobile-device users. To solve our CAPTCHA these users don’t need to use virtual keyboard.
- Your CAPTCHA is comfortable for humans but it’s mean that spam-bots can solve your CAPTCHA. Am I right?
Our CAPTCHA is comfortable for humans, you are right. But you are not right regarding spam-bots. Our CAPTCHA has more than 20 dynamic protection levels. So, our CAPTCHA provides reliable protections against spam-bots.
- Does your CAPTCHA require Flash?
Our CAPTCHA has two modes: HTML5 and Flash. CAPTCHA loader determines the mode automatically and shows the appropriate CAPTCHA.
- What browsers supports your CAPTCHA?
Our CAPTCHA works in all modern browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, Opera …
- Does you CAPTCHA work on mobile devices?
Sure, our CAPTCHA operates on all modern mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry …
- I’m worried about visitor’s time and traffic. How much time need for your captcha loading?
Our CAPTCHA is not large. The loading of our captcha takes less than 2 seconds.
- Where can I find a sample of your CAPTCHA?
- I see that your captcha uses just English text for your tasks. May I use your captcha with other languages?
First of all the text of our CAPTCHA task is easy. Usually visitors don’t read our CAPTCHA task. The reason is that to solve our CAPTCHA, visitors don’t need knowledge of any language. To achieve this our CAPTCHA contains correct solution in the upper right corner.
But if you would like to see CAPTCHA tasks in other language you can do it by chosing a language in the settings of your website at www.keycaptcha.com. Our CAPTCHA tasks has translations on 24 languages. The list of translations available here.
- I cannot find my language on your CAPTCHA translations. Could you please help me?
Sure. Please contact our support team at www.keycaptcha.com. We will try to add your language to our CAPTCHA as soon as possible.
- Should visitors solve your CAPTCHA puzzles with 100% accuracy?
No. A captcha solution is correct even if the visitor solve captcha task inaccurately.
- May I use my own images in your CAPTCHA?
Sure. To do this you should activate our Personal CAPTCHA service. Please note that Personal CAPTCHA is a paid service.
- How much Personal CAPTCHA costs?
Using of Personal CAPTCHA for 3 months costs $12.
Using of Personal CAPTCHA for 6 months costs $18 (25% discount).
Using of Personal CAPTCHA for 12 months costs $24 (50% discount).
- What should I do to create my own CAPTCHA?
You should activate our Personal CAPTCHA service. After that you will be able to create your own CAPTCHA by using our online CAPTCHA constructor.
- How much time do I need to create my own CAPTCHA?
You will need less than 1 minute for each CAPTCHA creation. Please note that we moderate all personal CAPTCHAs.
- How long will you moderate my personal CAPTCHA?
Usually CAPTCHA moderation takes less than 24 hours.
- Should I have several accounts on your website if I’m going to use your CAPTCHA on more than one website?
No. You can have just one account. But you should add all your websites which you would like to protect by our CAPTCHA to your site list in your account.
- Do you limit the number of websites where I would like to use your CAPTCHA?
No. You can add as many websites as you would like to protect by our CAPTCHA.
- How can I earn money by using your CAPTCHA?
You can earn money by displaying ads in our CAPTCHA on your website. Please note that to start displaying ads in CAPTCHA your website should be moderated by our company.
- How long will you moderate my website?
Usually website moderation takes less than 24 hours.
- Do you have any restriction on using of your CAPTCHA?
Yes, we have. You cannot use our CAPTCHA on websites with illegal content.
- How much will I earn by using your CAPTCHA?
You will earn $0.1 for each click on link in our CAPTCHA with ads.
- What kind of ads will be displaying in CAPTCHA on my website?
The subject matter of ads in CAPTCHA will correspond with your website subject matter.
- How can I install your CAPTCHA on my WordPress website?
To install our CAPTCHA to your WordPress website you should sign up at www.keycaptcha.com and follow our CAPTCHA installation wizard.
- Why should I sign up at [www.keycaptcha.com](https://www.keycaptcha.com) to install your CAPTCHA on my website?
The reason is that you should have an unique CAPTCHA private key which is used for anti-spam protection of your website. More specifically the CAPTCHA private key is used for calculation of digital signature.
- I like your CAPTCHA and I would like to use your CAPTCHA on my website. But I could not sign up on your website. I didn’t receive any email with an account activation link. What should I do?
Please contact us via our website and we will activate your account for 24 hours. After that you will be able to use our CAPTCHA on your website.
- I see a message “Incorrect web-server sign” instead CAPTCHA
Please do the following steps:
- Login to our site
- Open “Site list” page
- Click “Settings” link in the appropriate row of the table
- Choose “Additional” tab
- Copy your “Private key”
- Specify the copied private key as “Private key” parameter in KeyCAPTCHA plug-in settings installed on your web-server.
- Which WordPress forms can I protect by your CAPTCHA?
You can protect Registration form, Comment form, Login form and Lost password form by our CAPTCHA.
- I’m using Contact Form 7 plugin. Can I protect this form by your CAPTCHA?
Sure. To enable our CAPTHCA on Contact form 7 you should:
- Go to plugins -> KeyCAPTCHA in your WordPress Dashboard
- Set flag on “KeyCAPTCHA on Contact Form” to “yes”
- Go to Plugins -> Contact Form 7 -> settings
- Click “edit” on form which you want to protect by captcha
- Insert line [keycaptcha] above
- Save contact form.
That’a all. Now your Contact Form is protected by CAPTCHA.
- Can I protect web-forms in other third-party WordPress plugins by your CAPTCHA?
It depends on plugins. Please contact us via our website and our team will try to help you with integration of our CAPTCHA.
- My website has been moderated. But I don’t see any ads in CAPTCHA on my website. Why?
The reason is that current CAPTCHA advertisers may focus on audience which is absent on your website. Please note that CAPTCHA advertisers may choose GEO settings and subject matters of websites.
- May I disable ads in your CAPTCHA on my website?
Sure, you can disable ads in our CAPTCHA on your website. This option is available in your website settings at www.keycaptcha.com.
- My hosting provider blocks all outgoing request from the web-server. In this case can I use your CAPTCHA?
Sure, you can use our CAPTCHA. We have special option for hosting providers like yours. This option is available in your website settings at www.keycaptcha.com
- My site is available by HTTPS. Does your CAPTCHA work through HTTPS?
Sure, our CAPTCHA works through HTTPS.
- Your CAPTCHA is too wide. May I decrease the width of CAPTCHA?
Yes, you may. To do it please specify the width of CAPTCHA in the settings of your website at www.keycaptcha.com
- The border color of your CAPTCHA does not correspond with my website design. How can I fix this?
You can specify the needed border color of CAPTCHA in the your website settings at www.keycaptcha.com
- My website has a dark design. How can I enhance look and feel of your CAPTCHA on my website?
Please change transparency of our CAPTCHA. You can do this in your website settings at www.keycaptcha.com
Any spam comments, any spam user + low memory usage.
Very simple captcha for user.
Only one problem → require js and new browser.
But this is excelent plugin.
See this otherview (rus): https://intsystem.org/captcha/vzlom-keycaptcha/
Nice and work fine, too in Spanish
Contributors & Developers
“KeyCAPTCHA – Social WordPress CAPTCHA” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added a new CAPTCHA private key format
- Fixed bug with Contact Form 7 ver 3.4
- Fixed bug with redeclare cnt_comments_kc
- Added new mode for a network of sites (Multisite)
- Improved a compatibility with other WordPress plugins
- Fixed bug with counting of comments
- Now you can add CAPTCHA for newbies
- Added a custom text above CAPTCHA
- Added CAPTCHA for BuddyPress
- Delete Preview from CAPTCHA Settings page
- Added a support of Trackbacks and Pingbacks
- Fixed bug with conversion of strings with quotes
- Fixed bug with empty CAPTCHA settings
- Added CAPTCHA on login form
- Added CAPTCHA on lost password form
- Added an integration with Contact Form 7
- The first official release on WordPress.org
- CAPTCHA for registration form
- CAPTCHA for comment form