Author: Fahad Mahmood
License: GPL 3. See License below for copyright jots and tittles.
Keep Backup Daily is a wordpress plugin which helps you to get relax about taking regular backups. It is much better that if you are running a news website and don’t want to overload your database. Keep backup daily and another plugin might be freeing up your database on weekly basis. There can be many uses of this plugin, you could have a look what activity is performing on your database now a days. Its not only a convenience of exporting mysql database but having it in secure place as well. If you have configured the email client on your PC and want to keep backup on disk so it is possible as well with convenience. I am a PHP, WordPress developer and i faced a lot of inconvenience regarding keep an eye on wordpress DB regarding plugins and user’s activity. Our debugging process demands access to the DB most of the time so developed this utility for personal use and now publishing it. I coded a no. of fixes for wordpress sites and few of the solutions are in form of articles on my blog.
1- Many of the users might be using free hosting or cheap price hosting. Especially students do that but their data can be important to them, this plugin will give a feel of relax and to restore the website on last stable version of DB.
2- Default Settings: For your convenience, we are providing cron schedule from our website androidbubbles.com to the URL http://www.androidbubbles.com/api/kbd.php. For this purpose, we keep your domain name with us to access it e.g. http://www.yourdomain.com/?kbd_cron_process=1
[WDWD Blog][Wordpress]: http://www.websitedesignwebsitedevelopment.com/category/website-development/php-frameworks/wordpress Keep backup daily is arranged in flexible manner for better user experience.
New Feature added “Click here to backup now” for those who are careful about their databases before installing or trying anything new.
Expected backup email time bug is fixed.
User friendliness related improvements, will not effect anything else.= Upgrades =To upgrade an existing installation of Keep Backup Daily to the most recent
1. Download the Keep Backup Daily installation package and extract the files on
2. Upload the new PHP files to
wp-content/plugins/Keep Backup Daily,
overwriting any existing Keep Backup Daily files that are there.
Log in to your WordPress administrative interface immediately in order
to see whether there are any further tasks that you need to perform
to complete the upgrade.
- Enjoy your newer and hotter installation of Keep Backup Daily
The Keep Backup Daily plugin is copyright © 2013-2014 by Fahad Mahmood. It uses custom code written by Fahad Mahmood or taken from open discussion forum(s) according to the terms of the GNU General Public License.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Does this plugin support download backup file?
Is it secure? If yes, how?
Answer: It immediately removes the temporary backup file and never reveals the temporary backup file path.
What if i am not getting backup email?
Answer: Immediately report to the plugin author via support tab or on mentioned plugin URL.
I have some other queries, other than this plugin, may i ask to the plugin author?
Answer: YES, if the queries are about WordPress and data security then you are welcome.
What best method is to contact plugin author?
Answer: It is good if you use support tab or plugin’s author blog. If you want to reach the author immediately then use contact form on his blog.
My website database is really big and this plugin is not handling it, what should i do?
Answer: Contact plugin author, he might will suggest you to exclude some tables and will suggest you to backup only important ones regularly.
What about the files backup?
Answer: Files backup feature will be available soon. For now, i am trying to cover every possible aspect related to database backup.
Is there any premium addon for this plugin or any feature which is not in this version?
Answer: YES, time slot can not be selected in free version. And very large databases can not be emailed as well. So these all exceptional cases are handled in premium version.
Keep Backup Daily is very effective and supportive. I backup my website daily using Keep Backup Daily. I am share your plugins on my blog post
[ link redacted, please do not post links in the reviews section ]
- Download now option improved.
- A few important improvements.
- A few important improvements.
- Speed Optimization Fix
- mysql functions are replaced with $wpdb
- A minor issue is fixed.
- A minor layout issue is fixed.
- Settings form improved for better user experience.
- Settings won’t be deleted on version update from next time.
- Old backups will be removed if couldn’t sent to you because of email address field was empty. And by default you will get backups on admin email.
- Code Precision Process: Email Validation Function Updated.
- Recommended Links are added and backup now feature is updated.
- Requirements console updated.
- Requirements console added.
- On upgrade, settings won’t be wasted.
- Admin email will not be stored in settings file. (Security Fix)
- wp_enqueue_style related fix. (Thanks to jelnet)
- Now you will get a proper HTML email instead of plain text one.
- Log file was calculating size of .zip file only. Now it will also calculate if .sql file is not zipped.
- Download backup now option is visible now. It was mistakenly hidden before. Functionality was there but never been asked so i forgot to make it visible.
- If zip library will not be available on your hosting, still you will get backup as .sql file. Cheers!
- Zip archive will not reveal your directory structure on unzip action. (Credit goes to Bilal TAS)
- Error: undefined function mcrypt_create_iv() fixed.
- Layout fixes
- Donate section added…
- Exception Hanlded: session_start() was having problem with rest of the plugins files with headers already started message. It is fixed.
- Bug Fixed: Default email is now your administrator email instead of email@example.com because most of the bloggers don’t use info email address. So admin email will be filled automatically.
- Bug Fixed: Output buffer bug fixed. ob_start() was required to move forward with other plugins compatibility.
- New Feature: Database size will be available in log.
- New Feature: Click here to backup now
- Expected backup email time bug is fixed.
- Scheduled time for database backup is displayed
- Maximum execution time input field removed for convenience of the users. Now it will manage all kind of databases automatically.