Kalimantan is a plugin that integrates Gallery 2 with your WordPress 1.5.
- Upload ‘kalimantan’ folder to your plugins folder (under ‘wp-content/plugins/’)
- Upload ‘kalimantan-settings.php’ to your admin folder (under ‘wp-admin’)
- Upload ‘gallery.php’ to your WordPress top folder (same directory as wp-config.php)
- Activate the plugin on the plugin screen
- Click on ‘to configure’ link. The link is on plug-in description next to the activation link. -. Gallery 2 Directory => Specify the full path of your Gallery 2. -. Real G2 URL=> Specify your real G2 site. The format should be something like: http://subdomain.domain.net/gallery2/
-. (optional) Gallery 2 Name Under WordPress => If you change gallery.php in Kalimantan plugin distribution to any other name, you need to update this setting too. -. (optional) Gallery 2 Name Under WordPress CSS => change this if you decided to use your own.
- I cannot see pictures on http://[your wordpress Blog]/gallery.php, but all the links are there and I can click on them. Answer: Probably one of these would solve the problem: -. Disable mod_rewrite plugin on G2. This due to either the API provided by G2 doesn’t support this yet or Perl mod_rewrite module got confuse? (mod_rewriting WP URL then mod_rewriting G2 ?). -. Fix the configuration. Make sure you did installation step no.5.
- Does this plugin support multiple users? Not for now. I do this on my spare time, aside from job, girls, and watching too much anime. Right now, I’m just focusing on look and feel and front-end usability. Beside G2 is still in beta and there is always issues about security.
How can I tell if it’s working?
- You should see G2 panel under Admin->Manage->Gallery Tab
- You should see G2 under http://[your WordPress Blog]/gallery.php