jQuery Facebook Wall WP Light (JQFW-WPL) is a light version of jQueryFacebookWallWP a wordpress plugin that will build a Facebook timeline or wall style post feed on your worpress website
post or page with the Facebook account data of your choosing. jQuery Facebook Wall WP has settings to show events, likes, photos, and albums. It also includes a Facebook style lightbox to browse photo galleries. And best of all, it has user interactions so photos, posts, and comments can be liked or commented on. See it in action at http://ironlasso.com/jqueryfacebookwall-wordpress-plugin/
JQFW-WPL doesnt have the photos, albums, events and likes and limits the number of posts and comments you can retrieve from facebook to 5.
Follow these instructions to get your Facebook feed on your website. When you downloaded JQFW-WPL you got a file called jQueryFacebookWallWPLight_download.zip
- unzip jQueryFacebookWallWPLight_download.zip
Its contents should look this:
/docImages readme.html readme.txt /jQueryFacebookWallWPLight.ZIP /css /images /js /licensing /template fb_app_token.php fb_get_app_token.php uninstall.php jQueryFacebookWallLight.php
Install your plugin – Go to the Plugins page of your wordpress admin.
- Click the “Add New” button this wil take you to the Intall Plugins page.
- Click the “Upload” link on the Install Plugins page.
- Choose the jQueryFacebookWallWPLight.zip and click the “Install Now” button. You should see a message about unpacking and installing your plugin.
- Click the “Activate Plugin” Link this should take you back to your plugins page.
Configure your plugin – Click the settings link in the jQueryFacebookWallLight row.
- Enter the Domain name of the website where the plugin is installed in the field labeled Domain.
- Get your Facebook Account Name (see below) and enter it in the field labeld Facebook User.
- Get / Create your Facebook Account App Id/Key and Secret (see below)
- Save your settings. Click the button on the bottom of the settings page that says “Save jQueryFacebookWall Settings” settings example – this will show the National Geographic facebook feed. Image
- Add a Facebook feed to a page or post. In the wp-admin navigate to the page or post you would like to JQFW-WPL to. Paste the short code [jfw_light show=jQueryFacebookWallLight] in the content editor. Save and navigate to the page. You should see your facebook feed.
- Adjust Plugin Settings – At this point your plugin is ready to go, however you can adjust the the other plugin settings as needed. See the Plugin Settings on ironlasso.com for details on settings function.
Using the plugin on Windows IIS
Yes can use the pluging with ASP and IIS! It takes few extra set up steps. You’ll need to add .ejs mime types to IIS.
The problem: http://forums.asp.net/t/1442319.aspx/1
How to add a mime type in IIS: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725608(v=ws.10).aspx
Contributors & Developers
“Authors: LorenzoGangi” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- 12/12/14 Initial Release.