Creates a widget, which allows you to add flyout vertical mega menus from any standard WordPress custom menu using jQuery. Can handle multiple vertical mega menus on each page and offers 3 animation effects – show/hide, fade In or slide out. Widget also gives the option of selecting left or right for the flyout menu depending on where you side column is. For best results use 3 levels for the custom menu.
The widget has several parameters that can be configured to help cutomise the vertical mega menu:
- Number Items Per Row – Select the number of sub-menu items to be shown on each row of the mega menu.
- Animation Effect – The effect used to display the flyout mega menu – select either show, fade in or slide out.
- Animation Direction – Choose the direction for the flyout menu – either left or right.
- Animation Speed – The speed at which the dropdown menu will open/close
- Skin – 8 different sample skins are available to give examples of css that can be used to style your own vertical mega menu
- Upload the plugin through
Plugins > Add New > Uploadinterface or upload
jquery-vertical-mega-menufolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In the widgets section, select the jQuery vertical mega menu widget and add to one of your widget areas
- Select one of the WP menus, set the required settings and save your widget
- The menu appears on the page but does not work. Why?
One main reason for this is that the plugin adds the required jQuery code to your template footer. Make sure that your template files contain the wp_footer() function.
- How should I structure my custom menu to get the best results?
The widget works by taking the standard menu structure and creating the sub-menus from the nested links. To get the full effect you need to have 3 levels within the custom menu:
- First level is used for the main menu items
- The second level is used to create the sub-menu headings
- The 3rd level links are then grouped together under the headings to create the menu options
Example: Products –> Category –> Product Ranges
- The menu appears on the page and looks correct but I cant see the flyout menu?
Make sure that your theme does not have the side column, where your menu is located, set to overflow: hidden in the style sheet file – this will hide the flyout menu
One of a kind, i spent a whole day searching for plugin to put a stylish menu in twenty sixteen widget section until i found this one, even though it need to update but still work well .. cross my fingers and hope the developer update it.
Криво и косо
Contributors & Developers
“JQuery Vertical Mega Menu Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Update: change wp_enqueue_script to function
- Fixed: Error with default values
- Fixed: Bug with “No theme” option
- Fixed: IE invalid argument in jQuery plugin
- Fixed: Bug incorrectly calculating position of sub menu
- Fixed: IE7 bug with sub-menu width
- First release