DISCONTINUATION NOTICE: Development on this plugin has ceased in favor of the carousel module in the Jetpack plugin. I recommend you use that plugin instead — it’s much more full featured.
Makes the native WordPress galleries use a lightbox script called ColorBox to display the fullsize images right there in the page. No modifications required.
You can also make single non-
[gallery] images use the lightbox by giving their links a class of “lightbox”, like so:
<a href="..." class="lightbox"><img src="..." alt="..." /></a>
Log into the administration area of your blog and click on Plugins -> Add New in the menu. Search for the name of this plugin and then click install on the right side, and then again in the pop-up window.
Contributors & Developers
“jQuery Lightbox For Native Galleries” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Update ColorBox to v1.3.14 (see it’s changelog). Fixes functionality under WordPress 3.1.
- Update ColorBox to v1.3.8 (see it’s changelog).
- Make any link that has the class
lightboxinto a lightbox. No grouping or anything, at least for now.
- Don’t change the attachment link inside the admin area.
- Update ColorBox to v1.3.6 (see it’s changelog).
- Remove IE PNG fixes as they require a full URL and it’s not worth the trouble. Works well enough in IE8.
- Change how groups of images are labeled (use a random number rather than the gallery’s ID so it works with the Twenty Ten theme).
- Update ColorBox to v1.3.4.
- Update ColorBox to v1.3.3.
- Include all five of the default ColorBox themes and add a settings page to pick between them.
- Change the lightbox maxwidth and maxheight to 95% as I think it looks better.
- Don’t do anything inside of feeds (i.e. modify the thumbnail links).
- Fix spelling mistake on the ColorBox style ID.
- Switch the awesome ColorBox. It looks pretty and does large image resizing. Yay!
- Remove an extra comma that was breaking stupid Internet Explorer. Props Troy.
- Switched lightbox scripts as I was unhappy with the previous one.
- Update jquery_lightbox package. It now supports resizing images that are too large as well as not disabling IE6 support.
- Makes the lightbox gallery-aware, i.e. don’t allow next/prev between image sets. Thanks to Benjamin “balupton” Lupton!
- Better WordPress 2.6 support (i.e. when you have a moved plugins directory).
- Initial release.