Complete Online Booking and Property Management Solution
Jomres is a commission-free, responsive, Open Source online booking system used by thousands of businesses worldwide to manage their properties and reservations. Fully-integrated into WordPress, you can create an unlimited number of booking websites, accessible to customers on any device, in any language.
A complete booking engine for 79€, it’s an absolute bargain!
What makes us different?
Unlike other booking engines, Jomres is self-hosted, meaning that the software is installed on your web server, not ours, giving you complete control.
Why pay monthly and per-booking fees that can rise at any time, to keep your business trapped on someone else’s server? You´re relying on a service you cannot customize and features that might change or disappear without warning. If you don’t control your business, you don’t really have a business.
The Jomres plugin and theme eco-system provides a vast array of functionality without having to touch the code. We provide over 150 plugins at no extra cost and the theme you see in our demos, while third-party developers also provide plugins and themes.
Jomres is the only self-hosted booking engine with a REST API and Webhooks, giving you unparalleled power to interact with the entire universe of Web services. If you plan to build the next Airbnb, Expedia or Booking.com, you have come to the right place.
Since 2005, Jomres has been one of the leading Open Source booking systems. Just like WordPress, Jomres is yours for free, yours for life, yours to tweak and customize as you wish, and with both an active community and a full-time, professional company behind it.
Jomres transforms WordPress into a portal through which you and other users can offer hotels, villas, apartments, B&Bs, tours, restaurants, cars, bikes, equipment rental and even boats. Whether you are offering one hotel or thousands of apartments, your website will look professional and maximize your bookings. Best of all, unlike the hosted services, there is NO COMMISSION on your bookings because YOU OWN JOMRES.
Over a decade of experience and user feedback has resulted in a dashboard that makes it easy for you to manage your bookings on a secure, feature-rich platform. Other plugins focus on style but have not bothered to examine how property managers actually work. Don’t waste weeks developing a site before your client discovers that it is useless to them without a certain feature.
Right from the start, for free, Jomres Core gives you a real booking system. Additional features and payment gateways can be added via the 130 plugins that license holders can use for an unlimited number of properties, on an unlimited number of domains.
Again, the free Jomres Core gives you a complete booking system that can make you money without any need to buy a license, but we are so sure of the value that the additional features deliver that we give all users a 14-Day Free Trial (Ioncube required) during which all the plugins can be used without any restriction. After two weeks, you can decide whether you wish to buy a license or simply revert to the free Jomres Core.
License holders also have access to the theme used in the two demos above and two special “QuickStart” zip files that enable you to deploy a full installation of WordPress with everything already set up to exactly match either the Single Hotel Demo or the Portal Demo. You can be up-and-running, with a fully-featured booking website that looks terrific, within minutes.
Jomres is an advanced system, designed to cater to a wide variety of client needs. Made in Britain, and improved by over a decade of user questions and suggestions, the well-written Installation Guide, Jomres Manual, Documentation and Tutorial Videos are free to everyone and make it easy to find the settings you need to build the booking website you want.
The Jomres Forum is also completely free to everyone, we hope you will join our active and friendly community.
If you want the reassurance of fast support directly from the developers of Jomres, license holders have access to the Support Ticket system.
- Jomres includes 31 language files in varying states of translation as we rely on members to feed back their versions of the language files. It includes a variety of methods for translation allowing you to have different labels for different property types, and even individual properties.
Note: If you would like to contribute a language file back to the project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, typically an update to a language file will earn you between 1-6 months added to your license, depending on the amount of translation that was required to bring the language file up-to-date.
Upgrades are best performed through the Jomres Updates menu option in the administrator area.
For the full Jomres changelog please see https://www.jomres.net/support/changelog
For the full Jomres changelog please click here.
Post Installation recommendations
We recommend that the first thing you do is find a Bootstrap 2 or 3 WordPress template that you like and install that on your site. Next, go to Jomres’ Site Configuration area and set “Use Jomres Bootstrap templates in the frontend?” to Yes and set “Bootstrap version” to Bootstrap 2 or 3.
This will ensure that your WP template and the Jomres templates play nicely together.
- Installation Instructions
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New
Search for “Jomres”
Click Install and activate the plugin.
Jomres Core is free but its real power comes from its plugins. To see for yourself, order a 14-Day Free Trial.
- Is Jomres free?
Yes. Jomres follows the Open Core business model for Open Source projects. The Jomres Core itself is free to download and install. To help pay the bills some features of the system are delivered as plugins in the Jomres Plugin Manager, to download those you will need a license key saved in your Jomres installation’s Site Configuration page.
- What do I get for free?
Tried and tested Jomres is a true bookings portal and has thousands of users who’ve helped us to fine-tune the system to make it the best in it’s class.
Large and enthusiastic community forum Before choosing a competitor, check out their forums, if they have one. In our experience a plugin’s real value can be determined from a forum’s activity, it is the heart and soul of the project. If the forum’s dead, so is the project. Don’t believe fake reviews, look for yourself.
Totally multilingual 45 language files are included by default. Unique label editing feature allows each property to have their own labels, and our Language Context feature allows different property types to have completely different language files.
Supports both Bootstrap 2 and Bootstrap 3, another first Completely responsive. We have adhered to the BS2 and BS3 coding standards religiously, so Jomres will work in any theme that uses Bootstrap. As always, where we lead other Booking systems will follow.
Works for just single property sites, or multiple properties Equally suited to booking hotels, B&Bs and individual properties like apartments and villas, cars, boats and tools.
Intelligent, Ajax driven reservation system Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for guests to make bookings. Two different room list styles, autodetect guest country, even disable the depature date input altogether. Each property can have different Required fields in the form. Property managers can enable/disable booking functionality on each property at the flick of a switch. For hotels, single person supplements can be applied in the event of under-occupancy. Each property chooses it’s own currency and pricing output format. Create new WordPress users when unregistered users book for the first time. Room locking means that if one person selects a room during booking, another person using the form at the same time can’t book the same room.
Optimised for performance our clients have successfully used it on websites with more than 30,000 properties listed. Guests, invoices and booking listings are all Ajax driven meaning that it deals with large data volumes very easily.
Bookings per night or per day Deposits can be a percentage or flat rate, or the first day’s booking cost. Variable depsosits based on the number days from today determine if the deposit paid should be a smaller fee, or the whole booking cost.
We listen to our users The property manager’s User Interface has been designed after consulting with real property managers to provide the most logical User eXperience possible.
Clear separation of Site and Property manager responsibilities All property management is done via the front end of the site, no need to allow managers to access the administrator area.
Todo lists They guide your property managers through setting up individual properties, from pricing through to property description and images.
Simple or extended property configuration Site managers choose whether property managers should have few, or many settings to choose from.
Crisp, clean dashboard Drag and click the calendar to create or modify a booking’s room and dates, or drag away to easily cancel a booking.
Slick Media Centre Images are exceptionally easy to upload, and you can upload images for the main asset image, property list slideshow, main property page slideshow and more. Small, medium and large images are created automatically and the slideshow for displaying images is fully responsive.
Calendars Several different calendars for displaying occupancies and arrivals and departures. Whether it’s a villa or hotel, you’ll know at a glance how busy you are.
Amend bookings After a booking has been created, add extras to bookings while the guest is on-site, or completely change the booking’s dates and prices.
Email templates Property managers can customise the email templates to suit their individual properties.
Detailed invoicing Shows all line items, including tax. Additional items added to invoices can have their own tax rates.
Taxes Accommodation and other services can each use their own tax codes.
Guests have their own accounts Their details are remembered from visit to visit.
Guest dashboard This allows them to easily see their bookings, invoices and favourite properties.
Contact form If the guest’s not ready to book right away, they can contact the hotel directly through a simple form instead.
Elegant Property List Shows multiple views including List and Photo views, plus various sorting features and when a guest sets a budget then properties outside that budget are de-emphasised. Offers both infinite scrolling or paging to show search results.
Property comparison page Guests can compare up to 3 properties at a time.
Property feature icons Create by property managers, they can be defined for all property types, or just one property type.
Review functionality Reviews can either be automatically approved or not, guests can input comments and other reviewers can score a review’s helpfulness.
Fully automatic exchange rate conversion No configuration required at all, just request a free API key from OpenExchangeRates and Jomres will download the current rates daily and use them as needed.
Plugins plugins plugins Using our plugin philosophy, all areas of Jomres functionality can be modified. This has helped to breed a healthy and diverse plugin community.
Modular It’s designed to be third party plug-in friendly. See the extension specific plugins page here on the JED, or visit our Partners page.
Google maps well supported Drag and drop pointers or type your address for the pointer to move. Choose to show POI’s or not, and choose a map colour scheme that suits your site’s theme. 30+ map styles so that the maps match your site’s theme.
QR codes in both front and back end facing pages Receptionists can scan a customer’s booking printout and immediately book them in on arrival. Guests can scan QR codes to be taken to directions to the property.
Logging Detailed logging for the data-nerds out there. Extensive log files that are cycled regularly, and logging can be sent to a remote syslog server.
Recaptcha Uses the most modern No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA in contact forms to reduce spam.
- If I purchase a license key what happens when the license expires?
Nothing at all. You continue using the software, although you will not be able to download updates to the plugins.
- Is there a manual?
Yup, the manual is available to all users. It’s very well documented, and there are video tutorials if you prefer to learn that way.
- Is there a demo?
Yes, see here This demo is built in WordPress and uses our extremely popular Leohtian template. You can download a copy of this site as we offer all of our demos as Quickstart packages, which make it very simple and quick to deploy a new Jomres and WordPress installation for your clients.
- Where can I get support?
Not clear if this plugin is really for wordpress or rather for Joomla !?!?
Everywhere in the admin area is sais “Joomla” – best joomla plugin, greatest joomla installation etc.
Also, none of those plugins are installed or at least installable, so what is that for !??!
How can I get the ‘ajax_search_composite’ plugin istalled ?!? No clue …
Looks pretty complicated but also sort of messy and not very user-friendly 🙁
We started with Jomres when it first started, over 11 years ago .
The program is super. We’ve recently switched from the stand-alone version to the wordpress plugin.
Really all we needs is in the program and we run for years our rental business of apartments very successful thanks to Jomres.
Important is that by a problem they helped . Jomres is as a partner for us! Fast response, and if necessary remote login and help. Absolutely great.
Having used Jomres with Joomla for the last 3 years and therefore becoming intimate with the software, I was keen to make a transition to WordPress for the benefits that WordPress offers in terms of accessibility and breadth of useful functionality whilst also being easy for the end user to maintain after development.
Jomres is a hefty piece of kit and has so much in it. Some of it is superfluous to some applications. You do not require all the bells & whistles for every site. Like any development project we commence, we need to think outside the box and not expect something to come off the shelf to suit our particular site. That’s the difference between a developer and a hobby user.
Get to know the software and understand what needs configuring to provide the functionality required and the system does all you need in a very sweet way.
WordPress to some people is difficult. Perhaps that’s due to inexperience but again, once you get to know the wordpress, you can create excellent sites in your sleep that can knock spots off Joomla in terms of ease of access and maintenance for end users.
Today I installed and configured a new wordpress site and installed & configured 3 hotel properties and made test bookings and tested payments via paypal sandbox within 4 hours of starting.
Jomres on WordPress is a breeze.
Thanks Vince & team, your work is greatly appreciated.
Contributors & Developers
“Jomres Online Booking System” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Jomres 9.8.29 29/03/2017
- Added new deferred task handling functionality.
Added a new feature to allow each manager to set an external booking url if they want to use a 3rd party website for booking.
Made the slideshow property details url to be a sef url
- Added backtracing to debug level logging.
- Added a number of changes that resolve hack warnings for users with no gateways installed.
- Added a booking management class to help us with various booking related tasks like guests checkin, checkout, etc.
- Added code to prevent calls to site being able to prevent further processing by dint of, for example, timing out. This allows us to implement deferred message handling functionality.
- Added code to show room uids in dashboard if set to development mode.
- Moved the Cancellation Threashold setting in a more appropriate position in property configuration
Turkish language file updated.
Solved some minor layout problems in Media Centre
Solved some minor problems with some text when editing mode was enabled
Solved a problem with the search on WP caused by a typo in the variable name when setting the jomres page_id
Jomres 9.8.28 16/03/2017
- Updated the insertbooking webhook booking_added to be triggered only if the booking is approved or doesn`t require approval.
- Reformatted the ajax response for dashboard events
- Improved speed in admin cpanel by caching the installed plugins list used by the j07020 file that counts plugin updates
- Small tweaks to custom text handling, added a few more checks to make sure we have the property custom text loaded even on non jomres pages
Updated the get_booking_url and get_property_details_url functions to use additional url params
Solved a problem with booking enquiries that caused a gateways error, because enquiries don`t use payment gateways.
- Solved a problem with the way room features are saved in db when no room feature was selected
- Solved a problem with the amend booking redirect url when sef enabled
- Solved a notice when saving normal mode tariffs
Jomres 9.8.27 08/03/2017
- Refactored gateway handling to, among other things, ensure that paypal override setting doesn’t override all other gateways.
- Added support for overriding the property details url and improved the booking form url function.
- Added support to create jomres joomla menus that point to property details page. This will allow us not to have duplicate urls when a joomla menu item is created for a property details page. In this case, the joomla url will be used, not the jomres default one. Also, allows us to have specific joomla modules assigned only to this property details page.
Tweaked the media centre uploader to allow both jpg and png files to be uploaded. Previously png files would be converted to jpg files, now they’re left as pngs, which preserves their transparency.
Small tweak to allow single person supplement to be a negative value too.
- Improved sorting by room number on the dashboard.
- Made the google maps api load in async mode. Thanks Rod.
- Adjusted the occupancy percentages in the mrp calendar.
- Changed reviews agree/disagree buttons to be available for not logged in users too.
- Updated copyright year at the bottom of the admin cpanel.
- Changed how api handles exceptions ( makes development easier )
- Updated media centre to remove upload contexts and simplify things for 3rd party developers.
- Commented some obsolete js caching code that was causing a scandir on each page load.
- Added a new media centre feature that gets images uploaded by admins (site images) so plugins don`t need specific code to scan those dirs.
- Removed the map markers obsolete class.
- Moved the code that handles zipping logs bigger then 1M to the logs cleanup cron job, so it won`t run on each page load but only once per day.
- Made the geolocation files cleanup a cron job that runs daily and empties the geolocation dir.
- Changed how debug mode is set in Joomla/Wordpress API.
- Disabled a check in the installer for extraservices table name, it’s been long enough now.
- Added RTL auto detection to dashboard
- Added a simple function to search for a contract uid based on the booking number.
- Added a function to get a map marker src
- Some aesthetics tweaks to dates on invoices
Improved guest’s view of bookings to cope with empty property uids.
Fixed the dashboard trash broken layout in bootstrap 2 templates.
- Fixed a typo that was causing a fatal error in the srp calendar.
- Tweaked sanity check messages to not take region into account when warning the user about missing property data, because some countries don`t have regions.
- Solved a problem related to api language in WP.
- Changed how m0 enabled search options are handled on WP
Jomres 9.8.26 14/02/2017
- Change : Removed some unused functions
- Change : Modified the BS3 contact owner form so that name limit is increased to 50 characters.
- Change : Updated the jomresMailer function to solve a problem when emails not being sent if ssl certificates are self signed by hosting providers.
- Change : Added a column in list bookings to display who made the booking
- Change : Added code to automatically enable searching on various options if search module is set to jomSearch_m0. This is because they can only be enabled through editing configuration.php, as the settings in site config no longer exist.
- Change : Modified dashboard to improve layout of the drag to trash sliding panel.
- Change : Modified tooltip functionality so that urls can be passed to the output templates. Allows setting of search urls for room types and property features.
- Change : Added search urls to non-categorised property features.
- Change : Added joomla router functionality for room types and property features search urls
- Change : Added ajax countries/regions dropdowns for real estate edit property pages
- Change : Added bitcoin to exchange rates conversions that can be offered.
- Change : Added a define for jomres temp dir
- Change : Tweaked media centre so that some popups show to the left of the button instead of the right, better for smaller screens.
- Change : Modified the webhook position on saving new guest type
- Change : Added a new function that, in the core of Jomres, simply returns the booking link page. It does, however, allow us to override the url to the booking page programmatically through plugins if desired.
- Change : Completely rewritten the guest handling functionality
- Change : Made the cancellation threshold option available to jintour properties too
- Change : Tweaked the default visible columns in list bookings to have the “booking made by” hidden by default and the “approved” column visible by default
- Change : Changed the way we use JInput to filter request vars when sef enabled
- Change : Added support for overriding the set_booking_number function
- Change : Partners page updated in Jomres admin area.
- Change : Moved the guest firstname and surname to the guest details tab in registered users view booking page
- Change : Removed the int casting of the booking number, to allow custom booking numbers to use chars too.
Change : Updated the currency code for Ugandan Schilling
- Fix : Discovered that guest details passed through the form which contained an apostrophe are getting mangled, so we unmangle them then sanitise them properly before passing them to the booking engine.
- Fix : Fixed duplicate images showing in old BS2 tooltips.
- Fix : Solved a problem with modals on the booking form being behind backdrop on specific room-tariff configurations
- Fix : Solved a mailer problem on WP when class SMTP already exists
Jomres 9.8.25 09/01/2017
- Change : Modified a variety of webhook names for consistency.
- Change : Added a tweak to logging to ensure that browser console notification messages aren’t attempted if the call is an API call.
- Change : Removed a duplicate definition
- Change : Added some ( disabled ) checks for ssl. Strictly speaking the site admin should force api access to go via ssl, I’ll leave this in place for now while I consider whether it should be added.
- Change : Added a note to basic invoice details for use by remote services that might need an aide-memoire for what each invoice status means.
- Change : Improved patTemplate dump to show the override path when a cms template override is used
- Change : Reviews class. Improved webhook calls to include property uid.
Change : Reviews class. Added note regarding “fields” and their meaning which can then be passed back by API scripts.
Fix : Fixed an issue in property access class for api as new user role changes broke it 🙁
- Fix : Solved a problem related to room type in the verbose tariff details
- Fix : Solved a js error on the dashboard
- Fix : Changed phpmailer to use jomres_phpmailerException class
Jomres 9.8.24 27/12/2016
- Fix : PHPMailer 5.2.19 was found to have it’s own vulnerability, eventually resulting in PHPMailer 5.2.21, so Jomres has been updated with this version.
Jomres 9.8.23 27/12/2016
- Fix : Fixed a bug in the installer.
Jomres 9.8.22 27/12/2016
- Feature : Added webhook functionality, specifically code to generate webhooks, that the Webhook Core would fire.
- Feature : Updated the dashboard js to have proper built in touch devices support.
- Feature : PHP Mailer library updated to 5.2.19 from 5.2.9 due to critical remote code execution bug in previous versions
Feature : Improved logging, logs now sent to browser console and modified logging class so that further information can be sent to an extra field, which offers cleaner log views.
Change : Properly format the date in the booking notes tab
- Change : Some small changes to make some js run only on document ready
- Change : Removed a setting not used in wp, saves an unneeded query
- Change : Added a new tab in Plugin Manager for webhooks plugins
- Change : Disabled a log in input filtering
Change : Added support for changing the jomres language (from the jomres language switcher)in the frontend even if the cms language remains the same.
Fix : Changed where jomres_decode is done in jr_gettext.php to solve a problem in label translations.
- Fix : Fixed a js error on dashboard in fullscreen view
- Fix : Fixed a potential cause of notices if none of the properties chosen for comparison have property features assigned to them.
- Fix : Solved a js error related to regions dropdown on bootstrap 2, on the property registration page
- Fix : Solved a bug in generic booking amend class that affected the rooms^tariffs pairs when a booking was amended by drag&drop from the dashboard. Thanks Rod
- Fix : Further changes to solve decimal problems on invoices.
- Fix : Fixed a bug where property types could be unpublished even if still used by properties in the system
Jomres 9.8.21 Version skipped
Jomres 9.8.20 01/12/2016
- Change : Writability check panel removed as it`s not useful anymore
- Change : Added a link next to the username input on the edit profiles page to edit the cms user profile
- Change : Improved managers listing so deleted users from the cms that still have access rights to jomres will be marked with an orange label
Change : Removed some very old obsolete files
Fix : Fixed a bug where registered users can’t create a new property because their access level was set to the wrong value.
Jomres 9.8.19 28/11/2016
- Feature : Added Markdown handling functionality to Jomres.
This allows non-super property managers to format text in a simple way without being able to add html to the page. Allowing property managers to enter html in property decriptions is fraught with danger ( Cross site scripting being the main worry), which is why we’ve always defaulted to the most stringent settings on a default installation. This isn’t very friendly for new users, however, or property managers that want to apply some formatting but the site has left the Input Filtering setting to Paranoid. Markdown handling allows non-super managers to add basic formatting to text inputs ( for example Property Details, Checkin times ) without sacrificing security. Two new libraries have been added, one to display a Markdown editor in the Edit Property page ( relevant inputs ) called SimpleMDE and a second ( Parsedown )to parse text before it’s output to the page.
- Feature : Improved the Media Centre.
Made media centre drop down buttons larger and gave the primary and secondary dropdowns their own classes to make them stand out more.
Rooms list added “room” text next to number.
Removed old image link from the images list, instead resource types are able to offer a “Preview” link, which, if available will show an example of the resource in property page inside a modal.
Added additional instructions to give clarity for the usage of the buttons.
Feature : Added functionality to allow us to show the main menu in selected locations.
This allows us to show the Jomres main menu in other places ( See Shortcodes info page ). It doesn’t disable the menu from displaying in the Jomres content area, however.
Change : Jomres Core files updated to use PSR2 coding standards.
- Change : Show plugins, Upgrade button renamed to Update.
- Change : Modified input filtering to preserve line breaks in text that’s saved to the database. Related to Markdown.
- Change : API updated to log an error instead of output it.
- Change : Added cms specific function to get username by id.
- Change : Modified the license message position in plugin manager.
- Change : Minor language file tweak for th-TH.
- Change : Added new property features classes.
Change : Completely rebuilt Jomres user roles. Receptionist access level changed from 1 -> 50, manager 2->70, super property manager was having access level 2 and pu set to 1, now it`s 90. Provides scope for future improvements.
Fix : Fixed a typo that prevented us from adding new users in Joomla when making a booking.
- Fix : Resolved an issue with users being unable to add new property types.
- Fix : Modified call to Mobile_Detect class, to check that the class doesn’t already exist ( other extensions use the same class, so this could cause conflicts ).
- Fix : Fixed a query that was failing in some cases, thanks Rod ( Invoices class ).
- Fix : Solved resource/room cloning problem.
- Fix : Fixed a notice for users that deleted all tax rates.
Jomres 9.8.18 11/11/2016
- Change : Resolved an issue where cron jobs were throwing notices on installation/upgrade.
- Change : Added performance improvements to list reviews script in admin area.
- Change : Added functionality that detects the type of device, if device is not a desktop then drag and dropping of bookings isn’t allowed. Fat fingered souls rejoice!
- Change : Tourist tax plugin code added to the core of the system.
- Change : Added tweaks to WP url handling to avoid some wp redirectsion from non-sef to sef urls
- Change : Added minor tweaks to cron class for layout and checking if a variable is empty.
- Change : Fixed a couple of notices that can show in the dashboard if a booking is moved into a room where there are no tariffs for said room’s type.
- Change : Modified property header to use the property description in the meta data if meta data isn’t set.
- Change : Added a couple of tweaks to new marker related functionality that allows for how handling of deleted markers is handled.
- Change : Updated control panel welcome language strings.
- Change : Show Profiles page renamed to Property Managers ( Administrator area page ).
- Change : Minor layout tweak to control panel message output.
- Change : Updated the key check to correctly return false if a key’s state can’t always be determined.
- Change : Added a license status message to the plugin manager.
- Change : Removed plugin check from sys info script.
- Change : Added an option to have a blank commission rate to the commission rate dropdown.
Jomres 9.8.17 04/11/2016
- Feature : Added functionality to allow different map markers. Allows us to assign different map markers for different property types and for them to show ( naturally ) on the extended maps map.
Feature : Updated the ajax notification loader. Previously it was configured to change the cursor on ajax activity, however mobile devices don’t have cursors, so swapped it out for a nice font awesome spinner instead. Now users can see the the ajax search is doing something. Likewise, property managers can see the activity notification.
Change : Added full Jomres version to relevant files.
- Change : Reverted a recent change to an API script vis directory scanning as API doesn’t always have access to Jomres framework so the custom scandir function will not be available.
- Change : Removed some trailing ?> from files.
- Change : Polish changed to be without BOM
- Change : Modified a setting description in site config to be more CMS agnostic.
Change : Fixed a typo linking to deligence.
Fix : Amended the new user creation function as J changes mean that in some mysql modes the insert user query will fail.
Fix : Improved how meta data is returned to WordPress.
WordPress : Improved minicomponent registry to allow Jomres to search child templates for minicomponents.
- WordPress : Updated a CMS specific script to correctly pull wordpress module settings.
Jomres 9.8.16 25/10/2016
- Change : Removed exchange rates cron script as it’s no longer required.
- Change : Made the exchange rates class a singleton.
- Change : Modified list guests ajax script to account for mysql strict ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY settings.
- Change : Tweaked a query in list invoices ajax script to resolve some mysql notices.
- Change : Added a tweak to decode apostrophes to their proper form in email subjects.
- Change : Tweaked tabletools handling so that when clicking on xls link the page name is used when naming the file.
- Change : Booking confirmation page updated, amend booking element changed from a submit button to a link. It doesn’t need to be a submit form, and it’s recently stopped redirecting back to the booking form.
- Change : Tweaked a search query that sorts properties in descending order. Removed that ordering.
Change : Added trimming to property names in photo view only to preserve photo view page layout.
Fix : Fixed an issue with Leohtian templates not showing modules on front page. It was caused by an incorrectly merged PR in Joomla breaking B/C
- Fix : Modified how new CMS users are created, fixes a problem with WP.
- Fix : Removed caching from property uids, solves a language switcher problem in admin cpanel
- Fix : Testing a tweak to jomresURL function. Joomla 3.6.3 routing has changed how urls are returned, causing issues with various forms being built incorrectly.
Jomres 9.8.15 18/10/2016
Feature : Added filesystem integrity check feature.
Change : Improved caching of geolocation caching, seems our performance problems were caused by throttling by the remote service.
- Change : Added a new input filter results cache for testing.
- Change : Added further speed improvements to registry. Also made the registry readable. We just include_once, no more unserialize on each page load.
- Change : Added small change to get property names multi so that even without caching the query won`t be executed more times on the same page for the same property uids
- Change : Modified how property names are found. Performance improvement.
- Change : Modified functionality so that on redirect we explicitly close database connections. All the documentation says we shouldn’t need to, but this is a test to see if we can reduce the number of connections left open.
- Change : Replaced scandir with more efficient home-rolled function.
Change : Improved an estimate generation method in the booking engine, major speed improvement for properties with many tariffs.
Changed how we checked to see if an array is empty, instead of counting. Minor performance boost.
Change : Added phone number to Contact Owner form.
- Change : Added alert-danger for BS3 users in edit booking script.
- Change : Updated add service to bill function so that if the prices are set to gross option is set, then the price is initially figured to nett before being added.
- Change : Added a change to the invoice class to see if it helps resolve some rounding issues.
- Change : Added colours to invoice labels status.
- Change : Improved English language API key directions to provide urls to servers.
- Change : Improved layout of log file information.
- Change : Modified exchange rate handling functionality so that if we can’t d/l data, we still build a partial file. This prevents various parts of the system re-trying to rebuild this data, we’ll just have to accept that for today, we can’t convert prices. When the system tries again the next day, more complete data should be available.
Change : Added code to die if the call is a heartbeat call from the booking engine then just die, further processing is pointless.
Fix : Changed booking engine so that if deposit required is first night then tax is properly included in the price.
- Fix : Resolved a problem with editing properties in WP
Fix : Added a change to how property features are saved in the db as it was affecting property cloning.
WordPress : Added WordPress functionality that creates a new page with jomres:xx-XX if it doesn’t already exist. Negates the need for managers to add pages manually.
- WordPress : Added calls to jomres/classes/jomres_database.class.php so that we can monitor WP DB usage.
- WordPress : Check if we are in admin area…so that in wp it won
t happen that the framework.php is loaded (because of wp plugins which use actions like 'init' which are available also in admin area - this doesnt happen on joomla) and does the queries/stuff instead of admin.php.
Jomres 9.8.14 05/10/2016
- Fix : Improved how we access some singletons to resolve some people’s intermittent performance problems.
Jomres 9.8.13 03/10/2016
- Feature : Added functionality that allows us to dynamically add shortcode data to the system, passed directly from minicomponents.
- Feature : Repurposed ASAModule report to output information about shortcodes.
Feature : Added a shortcode parser that can return shortcode data.
Change : Updated help pages in admin area. New security protocols on jomres.net pages were preventing help pages from showing in iframes.
- Change : Improved plugin manager to only show the reinstall button when the key is valid.
- Change : Removed some redundant help scripts as they’re no longer needed.
- Change : Added a number of changes to get around the Mysql 5.7 Strict NO_ZERO_DATES limitation.
- Change : Removed Joomla3.x specific versions of library files, which were created back in 2012 in anticipation of more significant version changes given Joomla’s past history of significant backward compatability changes. As J3.x is now much more B/C friendly these are no longer required. The downside is that anybody running a very old version of J3.x might have problems running Jomres, but in this day and age it’s trivially easy to upgrade Joomla.
- Change : Added changes relating to how we cleanup sessions.
- Change : Improved and simplified the media centre class.
Change : Tweaked how directories are built on recursive directory scans.
Fix : Fix intermittent 404 error in wp when submitting a booking.
- Fix : Fixed a bug where the media centre could find the wrong images for a property, consolidated how directories are scanned ( modest performance improvement ).
- Fix : Changed how two columns are modified during upgrade so that they don’t throw mysql errors.
Jomres 9.8.12 20/09/2016
Feature : Added permit number to Property Details fields for users in those countries that must show a permit/registration number.
Change : Added a Reinstall all plugins button for users upgrading from Trial to Full versions.
- Change : Tweaked API routing allowing clients to send the token in the url.
- Change : Changed the manage properties icon to a building.
- Change : Tweaked addplugin to ensure php version is sent when requesting plugins.
- Change : Tweaked a path used when installing mambots.
Change : Added API key checks.
Fix : Fixed an issue in API where a request for a function could throw a fatal error.
- Fix : Made some API changes so that if a variable isn’t empty it doesn’t fire a notice.
- Fix : Fixed an issue where Black bookings weren’t labelled in black in the dashboard.
Jomres 9.8.11 09/09/2016
- Change : At Rod’s request, added componentArgs to optional trigger at the end of show_property_header script.
- Change : Modified which variable is checked in j00030search.class.php to help Rod out.
- Change : Updated log file viewing to use table tools.
- Change : 15 char limit in contact owner form upped to 150 characters.
- Change : Added translatable Jintour descriptions
- Change : Updated log file viewing to use table tools.
- Change : Updated Russian language file, thanks Dmitry.
- Change : Added info class to plugin description text
- Change : Updated Turkish Lira currency to TRY from TRL
- Change : Refactored a new function that didn’t work when array keys were not consecutive.
- Change : Improved modal display behaviour in BS2.
- Change : Updated cron log to clean up old log files > 30 days old.
- Change : Changed the order in which users are created on new installations.
- Change : Modified list booking ajax script so that Black Bookings aren’t included in the list.
- Change : Small tweak to ensure sites with just one language type don’t try to render the language context dropdown like switches.
- Change : Improved sanity checks so that rooms are always set as todo if required.
- Change : Ensured all if statements are wrapped in curly braces in jomres.js
- Change : Added logging to mailer and a quick check to warn that the To address hasn’t been set to test email sending script.
- Change : Modified mailer to send log messsages to Mailer context in logging.
- Change : Added a check to see if a definition has already been set in WordPress jomres.php
Change : Improved a query in show confirmation regarding how it finds gateways.
Fix : Fixed a notice that appears when shortcodes are used in templates and there’s no second argument.
- Fix : Modified how tabs are shown (property config) so that they use random ids instead of language strings. The tab id must be unique otherwise the tab contents will not show.
- Fix : Fixed issues where wrong table prefix was used in the installer to create sample data.
Jomres 9.8.10 11/08/2016
- Feature : Added a FAQ to the administrator area.
- Feature : Added manager area FAQ.
Feature : Modified WordPress updating so that using the WP system to upgrade Jomres will trigger the web installer at the appropriate time.
Change : Improved sample property data and logic to ensure that the Trash Tables feature can be used in the installer.
- Change : Modified error reporting level in installer.
- Change : Ensured calls to 07020 ( menu badges ) are done only once.
- Change : Resolved a duplicate call problem in cpanel.
- Change : Modified logging class to reduce the number of queries.
- Change : Added logging to admin.php
- Change : Changed the point that logging is starts so that we can include the username where available.
- Change : Added a new implode function that gives us more control over input validation.
- Change : Improved contact owner script to use new validation js.
- Change : Improved booking form input validation responses.
- Change : Set the minimum_deposit_percentage default to 0. Thanks Ally.
Change : Removed and disabled pattemplate caching feature settings, as they don’t play nicely with template overrides, specifically property type or property uid specific templates.
Fix : Fixed a notice in insert booking script.
- Fix : Fixed a notice in editguest script.
- Fix : Resolved an issue where third party extras could show tax twice.
- Fix : Fixed an issue where wrong date set in booking form when availability calendar links clicked.
- Fix : Updated router.php to resolve an issue when JCH installed.
- Fix : Fixed a problem with the WordPress trigger script that requires a new version.
Jomres 9.8.9 05/08/2016
Feature : Updated Jomres to offer Joomla installer updating.
Change : Added booking balance output to emails.
- Change : Added a default setting for minimum deposit.
- Change : Added a default option to set currency code if it can’t be found when trying to detect a user’s country.
Change : Modified how extra names are saved so that they can be translated.
Fix : Fixed some notices in basic property details caused by a property not having rooms or accommodation tax set.
- Fix : Resolved an issue with js not being loaded if only jomres shortcodes is installed (and not jomres search widget too).
- Fix : Resolved a number of notices.
Jomres 9.8.8 01/08/2016
- Feature : Added an option to disable sending emails to managers on errors, expanded notes regarding logging.
- Feature : Added the ability for Jomres to send logging information to a remote syslog server.
Feature : Added functionality to list log files.
Change : Turkish language file added to system, many thanks Sarper
- Change : Spanish, Italian and German language files updated.
- Change : Tweaked the new user language string sent when a user is created on booking to be function agnostic. Allows us to use the feature for other things.
- Change : User creation process, typically used when non-registered users create bookings, changed to use email addresses instead of trying to create usernames based on the guest’s names. This is because the regex used to determine the username fails to work properly on non-latin alphabets.
- Change : Previous database audit messages are now saved to logs.
- Change : Added some friendly notes to property creation.
- Change : Modified how gateway plugins are validated to allow another plugin to work differently while still maintaining security.
- Change : Added a new Site Configuration setting that allows a site manager to configure a Minimum Deposit amount. This is required because if commission is charged by you and a third party, then the deposit cannot be less than your commission + third party’s commission.
- Change : Commented a “throw” because spiders are causing error emails to be sent.
- Change : Removed some redundant data from a call to process payments.
- Change : Improved installer to test for dirs before attempting to create them.
- Change : Modified the installer so that failure to create jomres_root.php isn’t fatal. It’s a silly thing, created to satisfy the WordPress directory managers, but many servers don’t like you to create files in the root for whatever reasons.
- Change : Added old-style router file for users who prefer the pre-9.8.0 urls ( Google love ).
- Change : Modified gateway configuration functionality to allow custom code.
- Change : Jomres Extras removed from list of our partners as we are integrating their plugins into our own library.
- Change : Added a check to ensure that a gateway hasn’t been uninstalled before attempting to show it in the booking confirmation page.
- Change : Added property uid to data returned by the payment reference class.
- Change : Added logging for common curl functionality.
Change : Updated the booking engine to store arrival/departure dates for further use by modules etc.
Fix : Fixed front and backend Bookings charts.
- Fix : Fixed a notice when generating log files.
- Fix : Fixed a bug in property type specific templating.
- Fix : Improved booking engine, some arrival dates from calendar links were being set incorrectly due to a notice fix in the 9.8.
- Fix : Resolved a notice in j06005list_gateways_for_invoice.class.php
- Fix : Modified how guest details are saved from the booking form to work around an issue where if polylang and permalinks were in use, guest details might not be saved to the temp booking data.