Release Date: July 24, 2015
- Enhancement: Fully compatible with upcoming WordPress 4.3
- Enhancement: Site Icon: Start to deprecate Site Icon in favor of Core's version (if available)
- Bug Fix: Subscriptions: You can now use more than one Subscription form on a single page
- Bug Fix: Quieted PHP notices and warnings with the JSON API, Display Posts Widget and Gallery Widget (slideshow mode)
- Bug Fix: Correct permissions check for connection panel
- Hardening: Increase permissions checks
Release Date: July 6th, 2015
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2015/07/06/jetpack-3-6-updated-social-widgets-jetpack-cli-and-more/
- CLI: Add a number of Jetpack CLI improvements: see http://jetpack.me/support/jetpack-cli
- New Jetpack admin page for connection management
- New Social Media Icons widget
- FB Like Box: A visual refresh of the Facebook likebox widget
- Protect: When your IP is blocked, use a math captcha as a fallback instead of a complete block
- Enhancement: Custom CSS: Add more Flexbox support and other enhancements
- Enhancement: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Top Posts Widget: Choose what Post Types to display
- Enhancement: General: Save on some requests! print CSS inline when there isn't much of it
- Enhancement: Likes: Likes can now be shown on all post types
- Enhancement: Minileven: Add Featured Image to Gallery Post Format and Pages
- Enhancement: Mobile Theme: Add div wrapping View Mobile Site link to allow for easier CSS customizations
- Enhancement: Omnisearch: Link to edit post in titles
- Enhancement: Protect: Learn Trusted Headers locally and cache blocks properly
- Enhancement: REST API: Add locale support
- Enhancement: Sharing: Retire StumbleUpon
- Enhancement: Sharing: Upgrade to reCAPTCHA 2.0 for Email Sharing
- Enhancement: Shortcode Embeds: Add Mesh oembed support
- Enhancement: Shortcode Embeds: New Wufoo Shortcode from WordPress.com
- Enhancement: Shortcode Embeds: Mixcloud: handle accented characters in URLs
- Enhancement: Site Logo: Adding itemprops to support logo schema.
- Enhancement: Slideshow Gallery: New parameters size and autostart
- Enhancement: Slideshow Gallery: Use more reliable CSS for resizing instead of js
- Enhancement: Stats: No longer track stats for preview pages
- Enhancement: Tiled Gallery: Improve the shapes and distributions of shapes in the Tiled Gallery, based on observations for its usage.
- Enhancement: Protect: Whitelist for multisite globally and locally
- Enhancement: Sharing: LinkedIn always uses https for share counts. (saved extra http request)
- Bug Fix: Carousel: Jetpack Carousel now supports HTML5 gallery
- Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Choose Images button works in accessibility mode
- Bug Fix: General: Fix: Cannot remove hooks from filter 'jetpack_get_available_modules'
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Check that search terms exist before matching against post title. fixes #2075
- Bug Fix: Likes: Never double show on search results
- Bug Fix: Notifications: Notifications didn't load on wp-admin/network pages
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Fix Facebook share button not showing for Australian & Canadian locale
- Bug Fix: Shortcode Embed: Slideshare Shortcode now fixed
- Bug Fix: SSO: Hide login no matter what when using the filter to do so
- Bug Fix: Subs Widget: Don't hide email input if submit failed
- Bug Fix: Tiled Gallery: Show columns setting for Thumbnail Grid when Tiled Mosaic galleries are the default
- Bug Fix: Twitter Cards: Remove deprecated card types
Release Date: May 6th, 2015
- Security Hardening: Remove Genericons example.html file.
Release Date: May 5th, 2015
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Changes Facebook share count endpoint
Release Date: May 5th, 2015
- Enhancement: Sharing: Changes Facebook share count method per Facebook API change
- Enhancement: General: Remove .po files to reduce plugin size
- Bug Fix: General: Remove identity crisis notification
- Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Correct required input validation
- Security hardening
Release Date: April 23rd, 2015
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2016/04/23/jetpack-3-5-menu-management/
Jetpack 3.5 introduces the ability to manage your site's menus directly from WordPress.com and several bug fixes and enhancements. This upgrade is recommended for all users.
- Enhancement: General: Change security reporting to use a transient instead of option to reduce backup load
- Enhancement: General: Improve module search
- Enhancement: JSON API: Allow users to manage menus through WordPress.com
- Enhancement: Sharing: Reduce spam through email sharing
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Improve recall of CSS revisions
- Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Change class name for Contact Info widget
- Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Fix errors when adding widgets via the customizer
- Bug Fix: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Fix PHP notices in RSS widget
- Bug Fix: General: Fix redirect loop on activation
- Bug Fix: General: Styling fixes
- Bug Fix: Protect: Add IP translation fallback when inet_pton is not available
- Bug Fix: Protect: Always allow login from local IDs
- Bug Fix: Protect: Sanitize displayed IP after block
- Bug Fix: Publicize: Prevent generating Facebook profile links for app-scoped user IDs
- Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Improve error handling
- Bug Fix: Theme Tools: Include breadcrumb code
- Misc: Extra Sidebar Widgets: Remove Readmill Widget
Release Date: April 20th, 2015
Release Date: April 19th, 2015
- Bug Fix: Contact info widget namespacing
- Bug Fix: Potential fatal error from improperly called function
- Bug Fix: Potential fatal error when protect servers are unreachable for WordPress Multisite
Release Date: March 19th, 2015
- Bug Fix: General: Modules not displaying properly in non-English installs
- Bug Fix: Manage: Some installs showing a transient fatal error
- Bug Fix: Protect: Protect module not auto-activating for users who upgrade
- Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Some installs not properly reporting WP version number, causing Omnisearch error
- Bug Fix: Stats: Top posts/pages widget not loading
- Bug Fix: Contact Info Widget: Fix conflict with Avada theme
Release Date: March 18th, 2015
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2015/03/17/jetpack-3-4-protect-secure-and-simplify/
- Enhancement : Config Settings: provide a notification for users that update features settings
- Enhancement : Config Settings: provide a notification for users that update features settings
- Enhancement : Contact Form: Use the predefined $title variable in the anchor tag in grunion contact form button
- Enhancement : Contact Form: Use the predefined $title variable in the anchor tag in the button on admin
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: Add all Custom Post Types to Omnisearch
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: Add option to add Testimonial Custom Content Type in admin
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: bring consistency between the portfolio and testimonial shared codebase
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: code cleanup
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: register namespaced 'jetpack_portfolio' shortcode/use a prefix for shortcode for Portfolio
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: set shortcode image size to 'large' and add jetpack_portfolio_thumbnail_size filter to allow themes to set their own size for Portfolio
- Enhancement : Custom Content Type: testimonial shortcode enhancement
- Enhancement : Extra Sidebar Widgets: Add subscription widget wildcard
- Enhancement : Extra Sidebar Widgets: Likes and Sharing Shortcodes
- Enhancement : Extra Sidebar Widgets: Minor fixes to Facebook widget plugin for SSL
- Enhancement : Fix/update jetpack version
- Enhancement : General: Add DNS Prefetching
- Enhancement : General: Add Jetpack admin dashboard widget
- Enhancement : GlotPress: Update GP_Locales and GP_Locale classes
- Enhancement : Improved control over Nova Theme Menu output markup
- Enhancement : Infinite Scroll: Adds a
button wrapper for the infinity handle.
- Enhancement : Infinite Scroll: Check for response.html before using indexOf
- Enhancement : Integrate BruteProtect for protection against Brute Force attacks
- Enhancement : JSON API Manage: Added Mock Jetpack Option to Sync options that don't have to live in the Database
- Enhancement : JSON API: Add/empty trash days option to sync
- Enhancement : Jump Start: Add "Jump Start" interface for new users
- Enhancement : Manage: Add "modified_before" and "modified_after" parameters to /sites/%s/posts/ via JSON API
- Enhancement : Mobile Theme: Add filter for choosing mobile theme menu
- Enhancement : Notifications: Changes to load the new notifications client.
- Enhancement : Protect: Add a filter so that user can add thier own bots
- Enhancement : Protect: Add security reporting
- Enhancement : Protect: Add/whitelist endpoints via JSON API for Jetpack Protect
- Enhancement : Publicize: update connection confirmation message
- Enhancement : Sharing: Add custom service name as a class
- Enhancement : Sharing: display name of custom service in link title
- Enhancement : Sharing: Remove default post types for showing share links
- Enhancement : Sharing: use Jetpack version number when enqueing sharing.js
- Enhancement : Shortcodes Team Partnerships: Backport fixes from SoundCloud 2.3.1 through 3.0.2
- Enhancement : Shortlinks: use HTTPS when possible
- Enhancement : Stats: Make loading of stats async
- Enhancement : Subscriptions: Added settings field for comment sub text
- Enhancement : Subscriptions: Hide Form After Submit
- Enhancement : Subscriptions: remove label from widget title
- Enhancement : Subscriptions: Update subscriptions.php
- Bug Fix : Contact form: Increase CSS specificity for Contact Forms in widgets
- Bug Fix : Custom Content Type: Testimonial Custom Content Type: use core
WP_Customize_Image_Control instead of custom...
- Bug Fix : Extra Sidebar Widgets: add missing & to if statement for widget visibility
- Bug Fix : Extra Sidebar Widgets: Don't require height/width values in the Twitter Timeline widget
- Bug Fix : Extra Sidebar Widgets: Upload images from the customizer/Extra Sidebar Widgets Tiled Galleries for Gallery Widget
- Bug Fix : General: Fix bug that was preventing modules from displaying properly
- Bug Fix : Manage: When calling /sites/%s/posts/ include all attachments not just the first five via JSON API
- Bug Fix : Mobile Theme: Minileven; Start after DOM ready
- Bug Fix : Sharing: Open sharing in same window
- Bug Fix : Stats language
- Bug Fix : Subscritpions: fix invalid field when no email address
Release Date: February 19th, 2015
- Enhancement: Updated translation files.
- Enhancement: Heartbeat: Correctly stat new datasets.
- Bug Fix: Widget Visibility: Correct some caching of visibility results that may get evaluated too soon.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Hardening.
- Bug Fix: Photon: Make sure our gallery filter can parse array inputs as well as the default html.
Release Date: February 11th, 2015
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Minor versioning data.
- Bug Fix: Markdown: Re-run KSES after processing to account for syntax changes.
- Bug Fix: Media Extractor: Don't call a gallery a gallery if it hasn't got any pictures!
- Bug Fix: Module Management: Handle a core api change for folks running trunk.
- Bug Fix: Related Posts: CSS -- better clear rows.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Including sharing account on Pinterest unofficial buttons as well.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Properly version external assets by Jetpack release version.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Soundcloud: Backport API compatibility fixes.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Flickr: Tidy up our regex url pattern matching.
- Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Don't add 'Email Address' as the value -- we have placeholders!
- Bug Fix: Widgets: Gallery Widget: Allow folks to upload images from the widget area in the customizer.
Release Date: December 15th, 2014
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2014/12/16/jetpack-3-3-a-single-home-for-all-your-wordpress-sites/
- Enhancement: Adds responsive video support to BuddyPress.
- Enhancement: Custom Content Types: Added 'order' and 'orderby' options to portfolio shortcode.
- Enhancement: Display notice when Jetpack Development Mode is on.
- Enhancement: General: Update compatibility with Twenty Fifteen.
- Enhancement: Image URL can now be overwritten with the
jetpack_images_fit_image_url_override filter after dimensions are set by Photon.
- Enhancement: JSON API: Add Endpoint for trigger Plugin Autoupdates.
- Enhancement: JSON API: General Improvements. Documentation on http://developer.wordpress.com/
- Enhancement: Likes: Updated the code to accept arbitrary CPTs.
- Enhancement: Related Posts: Allow filter by
- Enhancement: Sharing: add new
jetpack_sharing_counts filter for option to turn off sharing counts.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Use the Site Logo Theme Tool and the Site Icon as fallbacks for image tags.
- Enhancement: Shortcodes: Made the code more readable by using output buffers instead of string concatenation.
- Enhancement: Site Logo: Add alias functions to provide backward compatibility for themes expecting the old function calls.
- Enhancement: Slideshow: Add title and alt text to images.
- Enhancement: Subscription Form: Do not display the logged in user's email address by default.
- Enhancement: Top Posts Widget: Refactor to allow conditional loading of the css.
- Enhancement: Top Posts: Add
jetpack_top_posts_widget_count filter to control number of displayed posts.
- Bug Fix: Change subscribe_text from
div so that it can contain block-level elements.
- Bug Fix: Fonts: Change path to look for the svg in the right directory.
- Bug Fix: Increase CSS specificity for Contact Forms in widgets.
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Plugins Update: Make sure the plugin doesn't get deactivated.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Fixes issues where likes don't load, load master iframe after scripts are loaded.
- Bug Fix: Notes Module: Avoid a PHP Notice in cli scripts when the request doesn't contain a User-Agent header.
- Bug Fix: Nova Menu CPT: fix notice when we have no taxonomies.
- Bug Fix: Nova Menus: Use current instance to maintain object context.
- Bug Fix: Related Posts: Add filter for
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Prevent duplicate @ in shared Tweets.
- Bug Fix: Site Logo:
get_site_logo() now properly returns the site logo ID when provided in the
- Bug Fix: Site Logo: Correct evaluation of the Display Header Text in Customizer preview.
Release Date: November 14th, 2014
- Enhancement: Updated translation files.
- Enhancement: JSON API: More object vars passed back to some queries. Documentation on http://developer.wordpress.com/
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Pass back correct author in
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Don't check if a post is freshly pressed on remote Jetpack sites where the function doesn't exist.
- Bug Fix: Site Logo: Add backward-compatible template tags to match the standalone release.
- Bug Fix: Don't use DIR -- it's 5.3+ only, and WordPress supports back to 5.2.
- Bug Fix: Retool how we remove the source styles when using the concatenated version.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: TED: Correct default language code from
- Bug Fix: Gallery Widget: Add a default background color.
- Bug Fix: Subscription Notifications: Remove the label.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: enqueue Genericons on static front page as well if selected.
Release Date: October 29, 2014
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2014/11/03/jetpack-3-2/
- Enhancement: Speed Improvements (woohoo!).
- Enhancement: Add site icons: an avatar for your blog.
- Enhancement: Improvements to API endpoints.
- Enhancement: Add oEmbed sources (Twitter, SoundCloud, Instagram, DailyMotion, Vine).
- Enhancement: Add indicators to make it easier to see which modules are active.
- Enhancement: Improve debug tool.
- Enhancement: Add new 'Site Logos' code to theme tools, for themes that opt in to support it.
- Enhancement: Improved caching for related posts.
- Enhancement: Added "Remember Me" functionality to Single Sign On.
- Enhancement: Improved accessibility.
- Enhancement: Added additional filters to Widget Visibility.
- Bug Fix: Fixed PHP Notice errors for Likes, Widget Visibility.
- Bug Fix: Improvements to the testimonials CPT.
- Bug Fix: Improved RTL on VideoPress admin.
- Bug Fix: Removed Google+ Authorship module (discontinued by Google).
- Bug Fix: Fixed use of deprecated function in mobile theme.
- Bug Fix: Various fixes to Tiled Galleries.
- Bug Fix: Various fixes to Contact Form.
- Bug Fix: Various fixes to oEmbed.
- Bug Fix: Various fixes to Single Sign On.
- Bug Fix: Fixed styles in ShareDaddy.
- Bug Fix: Better match protocols (http/https) to the site.
Release Date: August 7, 2014
- Enhancement: Update translation files for strings that had been submitted/approved since release.
- Bug Fix: Social Links: Add a function check to better degrade if Publicize isn't around.
- Bug Fix: Open Graph: Add WordPress SEO back to the blacklist, until they update how they opt us out.
- Bug Fix: Asset Minification: Add another caveat ( empty $plugin ) to short out on.
- Bug Fix: Deprecated Hooks: Fixing our expectations where something that should be an array occasionally wasn't.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Add extra whitelist rule for -o-keyframe rules.
Release Date: July 31, 2014
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2014/07/31/jetpack-3-1-portfolio-custom-post-types-a-new-logo-and-much-more/
- Enhancement: New Custom Content Types module.
- Enhancement: New Jetpack Logo.
- Enhancement: New optional JSON API endpoints for viewing updates and managing plugins and themes.
- Enhancement: New Custom Post Type: Portfolio!
- Enhancement: Rearranged buttons on the modules modals for easier management.
- Enhancement: Jetpack Settings have improved keyboard accessibility.
- Enhancement: Improved RTL support for After the Deadline, Carousel, Contact Form, Comics CPT, Custom CSS, Omnisearch, Publicize, Related Posts, Slideshow short code, Tiled Gallery, Widget-Visibility and Widgets Gallery.
- Enhancement: Contact Form: Add an "Empty Spam" option.
- Enhancement: i18n: Change the priority of where plugin_textdomain is hooked so that the plugins can better translate Jetpack.
- Enhancement: Monitor: Displays how often the site is checked for downtime.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Added Mixcloud shortcode and oEmbed support.
- Enhancement: Social Links: Improved handling of customizer hooks in non-admin context.
- Enhancement: Stats: The smiley image is gone by default.
- Enhancement: Stats: Added link to the configure page for stats so that the stats settings page is easier to find.
- Enhancement: Theme Tools: Added the responsive videos to theme tools so that themes can support responsive videos more easily.
- Update: Updated Genericons to version 3.1, new icons for website, ellipsis, foursquare, x-post, sitemap, hierarchy and paintbrush.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Prefix function to avoid conflicts with other plugins.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Admin UI has a responsive layout.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Custom $content_width value doesn't overwrite theme's $content_width.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Feedback link takes you to the form page.
- Bug Fix: Carousel: Confirms an avatar is returned by get_avatar before displaying.
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Don't remove setting validation.
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Google Universal Analytics support added.
- Bug Fix: Multisite: Add message when updating multisite settings.
- Bug Fix: Photon: Photon will no longer upscale images larger than the original size.
- Bug Fix: Photon: Check that the image exists before rewriting the image URL to utilize Photon.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Pinterest adds attribute to display share count.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Respect an empty sharing title.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Share buttons now appear in the bbPress forms.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Support for multiple meta html tag og:image values.
- Bug Fix: Single Sign On: Logout allows override of forcing Single Sign On.
- Bug Fix: Single Sign On: Remove the lost password link on auto-forward logout.
- Bug Fix: Social Links: Do not use anonymous function for compatibility with PHP 5.2.
- Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries: Update jQuery mouseover caption effect to reduce flickering.
- Bug Fix: Widgets Visibility: Works better in the customizer admin view.
Release Date: June 17, 2014
- Enhancement: General: Make module categories filter more visible when active.
- Enhancement: General: Updated translation files with more strings added since the last release.
- Enhancement: General: Allow deep-linking to the Contact Support form.
- Bug Fix: General: RTL Jetpack Admin UI looks better.
- Bug Fix: General: Fixed PHP warning when bulk deactivating modules.
- Bug Fix: General: Removed an unnecessary description.
- Bug Fix: General: Resolved an SSL error on Jetpack Admin UI.
- Bug Fix: General: Fix error comparing signatures when the WordPress installation is using site_url filters (applied mostly to WPEngine sites).
- Bug Fix: General: Resolved PHP strict error on the mobile menu.
- Bug Fix: General: Fix timing of conditional checks, so that calling developer mode via a plugin works again.
- Bug Fix: General: Main page categories tab now properly translates module names.
- Bug Fix: Related Posts: Fix a typo, the "more info" link now works.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Improve button styling.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Remove unused UI for Reblog settings on social settings page.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Updated to no longer use a deprecated Akismet function.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Sends email to the administrator that is not marked as spam again.
- Bug Fix: Open Graph: Resolved PHP warning on open graph gallery pages when the gallery is empty.
Release Date: May 22, 2014
- Bug Fix: AtD: A wpcom-only function got synced by mistake and caused a few errors. Fixed.
- Bug Fix: Post By Email: Add static keyword to a function.
- Bug Fix: ShareDaddy: In the admin-side configuration of sharing links, we used a Path icon instead of Pinterest. Oops!
- Bug Fix: ShareDaddy: We inadvertently appended
via @jetpack to some twitter shares. This is no longer the case.
- Bug Fix: Related Posts: Tidying up and relocation of the
resync button formerly on the more info modal.
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Work better with core's MediaElement.js
- Bug Fix: Heartbeat: Undeclared variable fixed.
Release Date: May 20, 2014
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2014/05/20/jetpack-3-0/
- New User Interface for managing modules and settings
- New Module: Verfication Tools
- Enhancement: New look for the Sharing module
- Enhancement: Multiple improvements on which Twitter handle a Twitter card will display
- Enhancement: Add option to hide Google+ Authorship banner while still receiving the benefits
- Enhancement: Many Infinite Scroll enhancements to improve performance
- Enhancement: Infinite Scroll will use your CPT's display name instead of "Older Posts"
- Enhancement: JSON API added /media/new endpoint
- Enhancement: Added filter to assign new default image for Open Graph tags
- Enhancement: New [jetpack-related-posts] shortcode to add Related Posts to page instead of default placement
- Enhancement: Added SSO option to turn off login form completely, to use WordPress.com login exclusively
- Enhancement: The [googlemaps] shortcode allows for Google Maps Engine
- Enhancement: YouTube shortcode allows HD playback
- Enhancement: Smoother, Faster Tiled Galleries!
- Enhancement: New languages! Use Jetpack in Irish, Fulah, and Tigrinya
- Bug Fix: Use your browser's Back and Forward buttons when naviagating a Carousel
- Bug Fix: Various Related Posts fixes and improvements for added flexibility
- Bug Fix: WordPress 3.9: Restores ability to edit Contact Forms
- Bug Fix: WordPress 3.9: Restores Gallery Widget compatability
- Bug Fix: Ensure Markdown is kept when Bulk Editing posts
- Bug Fix: Improved Jetpack's Multisite Network Admin page for networks with a large number of sites
- Bug Fix: Ensure Sharing settings persist when Bulk Editing a post
- Bug Fix: Various other shortcode improvements
Release Date: April 10, 2014
- Important security update. CVE-2014-0173
Release Date: March 17, 2014
- Bug Fix: Publicize: When publishing from a mobile app or third-party client, Publicize now works again.
Release Date: March 6, 2014
- Bug Fix: SSO: Disable the implementation of an option that had been removed before release. This would have only been an issue if a site administrator had enabled the module during an early beta of 2.9.
Release Date: February 26, 2014
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2014/02/26/jetpack-2-9/
Release Date: January 31, 2014
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2014/01/31/jetpack-2-8-introducing-markdown-and-improving-monitor/
- New Module: Markdown
- Module Update: Jetpack Monitor
- Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: Keep track of $current_day between requests so the_date() works well.
- Enhancement: Embeds: New filter to turn off embeds in comments.
- Enhancement: Contact Form: Add placeholder support.
- Enhancement: Widget: Gravatar Profile: Added filters to allow users to customize headings and fixed output of personal links.
- Enhancement: Facebook OG Tags: Add
author if the post type supports it.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Display buttons on CPT archive pages.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Add
get_share_title function and filter.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Add filter
- Enhancement: Twitter Timeline: Flesh out tweet limit option.
- Enhancement: Social Links: Add Google+ to the list of supported services.
- Enhancement: Stats: Improve dashboard styles in 3.8.
- Enhancement: Stats: No longer use Quantcast.
- Enhancement: Top Posts: Add
- Enhancement: AtD: Add TinyMCE 4 compatibility for its pending arrival in WordPress 3.9
- Enhancement: Genericons: Update to v3.0.3
- Enhancement: Tiled Galleries: Add alt attributes to images.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: YouTube: Accept protocol-relative URLs.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Slideshow: Add white background option.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: YouTube: Add support for the two closed-caption arguments.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Vimeo: Update the regex to support the new embed code.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Google Maps: Update the regex to handle new format for embeds.
- Enhancement: Likes: Avoid a PHP Notice when $_POST['post_type'] is not set in meta_box_save.
- Enhancement: Smush images to save on file size.
- Enhancement: Publicize: Enable opt-in publicizing of custom post types.
- Bug Fix: Random Redirect: Further namespace to avoid conflicts.
- Bug Fix: Twitter Timeline: Resolve undefined index notice.
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Add extra class_exists() check to be extra careful.
- Bug Fix: Facebook OG Tags: Change OG type of Home and Front Page to 'website'
- Bug Fix: Widget Visibility: Add support for old-style single use widgets.
- Bug Fix: Google Authorship: Support apostrophe in author names.
- Bug Fix: Media Extractor: Assorted graceful failure caveats.
- Bug Fix: Carousel: 'Link to None' bug fixed.
- Bug Fix: Embeds: Bandcamp: Switch escaping function for album and track IDs to handle (int)s greater than PHP_INT_MAX
- Bug Fix: Some plugins trying to catch brute-force attacks mistakenly flagged the Jetpack connection as one.
Release Date: December 11, 2013
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2013/12/11/jetpack-2-7-publicize/
- Enhancement: Google+ Publicize
- Enhancement: Add Cloudup as an oEmbed provider
- Enhancement: Subscriptions: Add subscribe_field_id filter to allow updated ids when using multiple widgets
- Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: TwentyFourteen Support
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fix warning when form is called outside the loop
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Moving Settings to Customizer, provide option to set default tag as fallback, specify all supported post-types rather than just additional ones. Description Updates
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Compat with 'additional_post_types' theme support argument. Comment updates
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Make sure $term is an object before we treat it as one
- Bug Fix: GlotPress: Merge with latest GlotPress
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: prevent Undefined index notice that can cause IS to fail when user has WP_DEBUG set to true
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Improved compatibility with Carousel, Tiled Galleries, VideoPress, and the
- Bug Fix: Likes: Stop manually including version.php and trust the global. Some whitespace fixes, and if it's an attachment, follow the post_status of the parent post
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Display password field for Gallery format protected posts
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Add new translation width for share button, and Google Plus icons
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Support Ineternational Google domains for maps
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Facebook Embeds: Register alternate permalink.php URL for posts
- Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Moved inline styles from widget email input to separate css file
- Bug Fix: Theme Tools: Fix glitch where random-redirect.php also showed as a plugin being deleted if you were deleting Jetpack
- Bug Fix: Misc: Internationalization & RTL updates
- Bug Fix: Misc: Prevent collisions with 'Facebook Featured Image & OG Meta Tags' plugin
Release Date: December 3, 2013
- Bug Fix: minor styling fix in pre- and post-MP6/3.8 UI changes.
- Bug Fix: Stats: spinner gif url fix when the user is viewing it over https.
- Bug Fix: Stats: Switch to esc_html from htmlspecialchars in error message -- better to be native
- Bug Fix: Media Extractor: some hosts don't compile unicode for preg_match_all, so we temporarily removed the block that depended on it.
- Bug Fix: Media Extractor: Add in some error handling for malformed URLs.
- Bug Fix: Twitter Cards: treat single-image galleries as a photo-type.
- Bug Fix: Update conflicting plugins for OG tags and Twitter Cards.
- Bug Fix: Correct max supported version number -- had been 3.6, update to 3.7.1
Release Date: November 28, 2013
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2013/11/26/new-release-jetpack-2-6/
- Enhancement: WPCC / now called SSO: refactored.
- Enhancement: Monitor: new module which will notify you if your site goes down(http://jetpack.me/support/monitor/).
- Enhancement: Custom CSS: replace Ace editor with Codemirror.
- Enhancement: Widgets: new “Display Posts” widget.
- Enhancement: WP-CLI: add commands to disconnect a site and manage modules.
- Enhancement: Contact Form: new filters,
- Enhancement: Custom Post Types: new restaurant post type.
- Enhancement: Genericons: update to version 3.0.2.
- Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: many improvements and fixes.
- Enhancement: Likes: performance improvements.
- Enhancement: MP6: Jetpack icons are now compatible with WordPress 3.8.
- Enhancement: Open Graph: better descriptions, fallback images, and media extraction from video posts.
- Enhancement: Publicize: new background token tests for connected publicize services and display problems on settings sharing and add new post.
- Enhancement: Shortcodes: updated Bandcamp shortcode to support the
minimal attributes, as well as more
artwork attribute values.
- Enhancement: Shortlinks: add Custom Post Type support.
- Enhancement: Subscriptions: add more ways to customize the subscriptions widget.
- Enhancement: Twitter Cards: better media management and card type detection, and better handling of conflicts with other Twitter Cards plugins.
- Enhancement: better handling of conflicts with other plugins.
- Bug Fix: After the Deadline: add a typeof check for
tinyMCEPreInit.mceInit to prevent js errors.
- Bug Fix: Carousel: speed improvements and several bugfixes.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: remove nonce creating issues with caching plugins.
- Bug Fix: Custom Post Types: Testimonials: return if featured image is empty so it can be removed after it’s been set.
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: add additional post type support through the
- Bug Fix: Google Authorship: support apostrophes in Google+ profiles.
- Bug Fix: Google Authorship: use a regexp Instead of using
mb_convert_encoding, which doesn’t enjoy universal support.
- Bug Fix: Heartbeat: ensure that it never triggers more than once per week.
- Bug Fix: JSON API: add new
?meta= parameter that allows you to expand the data found in the
- Bug Fix: JSON API: add new
is_private response to the sites endpoint and
global_ID response to the reader and post endpoints.
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: allow small images to display inline.
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: fix fatal errors for missing
- Bug Fix: Photon: fix errors when an image is not uploaded properly.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: improvements to Archives, Google+, Presentations, Vine and Youtube.
- Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries: improve display of panoramic images and fix errors when an image is not uploaded properly.
Release Date: September 19, 2013
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2013/09/19/jetpack-2-5/
- Enhancement: Connect your Google+ profile and WordPress site to prove authorship of posts.
- Enhancement: Improved sharing buttons display.
- Enhancement: Comment on your posts using Google+ to signin.
- Enhancement: Embed Google+ posts into your posts.
- Enhancement: Added event logging capabilities for debugging
- Enhancement: LaTeX is now available in dev mode
- Enhancement: Introduced gallery widget
- Enhancement: Added new module: VideoPress
- Enhancement: Updated identity crisis checker
- Enhancement: Tiled Gallery widget added
- Enhancement: Google +1 button changed to Google+ Share button, to avoid confusion
- Enhancement: Added check to ensure Google+ authorship accounts have disconnected properly
- Enhancement: Updated identity crisis checker
- Enhancement: Tiled Gallery widget added
- Enhancement: Google +1 button changed to Google+ Share button, to avoid confusion
- Enhancement: Added the ability to embed Facebook posts
- Bug Fix: Redirect issue with G+ authorship when WordPress is not in the root directory
- Enhancement: Better security if carousel to prevent self-XSS
- Enhancement: Better handling of cookies for subsites on multisite installs
- Bug Fix: Check for post in G+ authorship before accessing it
Release Date: September 5, 2013
- Enhancement: Converted to module headers to detect Auto-Activating modules.
- Enhancement: WPCC: Added 'Close' link to deactivate WPCC in the admin nag.
- Enhancement: JSON API: Add User Nicename to the user data.
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Stopped using a short tag.
- Bug Fix: Changed CSS selector to catch MP6 stylings.
- Bug Fix: Dropped FILE references in class.jetpack.php in favor of JETPACK__PLUGIN_DIR constant, now code that deactivates the plugin from the connect nag works again.
- Bug Fix: Random Redirect: Add random-redirect to the plugins overriden list, in case someone is using Matt's Random Redirect plugin.
- Bug Fix: Tiled Gallery: Revert r757178 relating to tiled gallery defaults.
- Bug Fix: Return false, not zero, if $GLOBALS['content_width'] isn't defined.
- Bug Fix: WPCC: Don't call wp_login_url() in the constructor -- if someone is running a custom login page, that can break things if their plugin runs get_permalink as a filter before init.
- Bug Fix: Tiled Gallery: Add fallback if post_parent == 0 due to infinite_scroll_load_other_plugins_scripts.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Set the ACE gutter z-index to 1.
- Bug Fix: Custom Post Types: Switch from wp_redirect() to wp_safe_redirect().
- Bug Fix: Likes: Set overflow:hidden; on the likes adminbar item.
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Migrate where/when the custom header stuff is included.
- Bug Fix: Slideshow Shortcode: Add a height of 410px.
Release Date: September 4, 2013
- Enhancement: Don't auto-activate WPCC.
Release Date: August 30, 2013
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2013/09/04/jetpack-2-4-widget-visibility-and-wpcc-and-more/
- Enhancement: WordPress.com Connect (WPCC): New Module.
- Enhancement: Widget Visibility: New Module.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Addition of new Twitter Timeline shortcode.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Addition of new Presentation shortcode.
- Enhancement: Shortcode: Addition of new Vine shortcode.
- Enhancement: Custom Post Types: CPTs are available.
- Enhancement: Subscriptions: Add 'jetpack_is_post_mailable' filter.
- Enhancement: OpenGraph: Add Twitter Cards meta tags as well.
- Enhancement: Custom CSS: Update lessc and scssc preprocessors to 0.4.0 and 0.0.7 respectively.
- Enhancement: Omnisearch: Add Media results.
- Enhancement: Likes: Use a protocol-agnostic iframe, instead of forced HTTPS.
- Enhancement: Top Posts: Increase post limit.
- Enhancement: Publicize: Updated JS and UI.
- Enhancement: Photon: New filter to let site admins/owners enable photon for HTTPS urls.
- Enhancement: New jetpack_get_available_modules filter.
- Enhancement: Subscriptions: Antispam measures.
- Bug Fix: Add inline style to keep plugins/themes from inadvertently hiding the Connect box.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Respect the new wp_revisions_to_keep filter.
- Bug Fix: Photon: Only hook jetpack_photon_url into the filter if the user has Photon active.
- Bug Fix: Heartbeat: Used wrong object, occasinally fatal-erroring out for the cron.
- Bug Fix: Add an empty debug.php file to the /modules/ folder, to solve some update issues where it never got deleted.
Release Date: August 12, 2013
- Enhancement: Added Path support to Publicize.
Release Date: August 6, 2013
- Bug Fix: Correct when output occurs with CSV export for feedback.
- Bug Fix: Tidy up the Heartbeat API.
- Enhancement: User Agent: Improve detecting of bots.
- Enhancement: Genericons: Make sure we're pulling the freshest version from genericons.com on each release.
- Enhancement: JSON API: Open up replies/new endpoints so that users can comment on blogs that are not in their access token.
- Enhancement: Photon: Apply to
get_post_gallery() function as well.
- Enhancement: Tiled Galleries: Add a default bottom margin to be more robust out of the box.
- Translations: Adding in fresher translation files.
- Deprecation: Removing the retinization code for 3.4, as it was included in WordPress trunk from 3.5 onwards.
Release Date: July 26, 2013
- Bug Fix: We were inadvertently overwriting cron schedules with our Jetpack heartbeat. This should now be fixed.
- Enhancement: New Facebook Sharing icons.
- Enhancement: Minor update to the Minileven stylesheet.
Release Date: July 25, 2013
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Facebook Pages were not available when connecting a Publicize account.
- Bug Fix: For some web hosts, fixed an issue where 'Jetpack ID' error would occur consistently on connecting to WordPress.com.
- Enhancement: Adding some new stats and heartbeat checking to Jetpack.
Release Date: July 2, 2013
- Enhancement: Social Links: Retooling the class for better consistency and performance behind the scenes.
- Enhancement: Omnisearch: Make it easier to search Custom Post Types. No longer need to extend the class, if all you want is a basic display. Just call
new Jetpack_Omnisearch_Posts( 'cpt' );
- Enhancement: Sharing Buttons: LinkedIn: Use the official button's sharing link on the Jetpack implementation for a more consistent sharing experience and produce better results on LinkedIn's end.
- Enhancement: Debug / Connection: Better logic in determining whether the server can use SSL to connect to WPCOM servers.
- Enhancement: Sharing: Twitter: Calculate the size of the Tweet based on the short URL rather than the full URL size.
- Enhancement: Debug: More readable and understandable messages.
- Enhancement: Likes: Including some MP6 styles.
- Enhancement: Comments: Add new core classes to comment form. See http://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/24525
- Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Don't load everything initially, run the providers off admin_init, and then issue an action for folks to hook into.
- Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Modify some child class functions to match the parent's parameters and avoid strict notices in newer versions of PHP.
- Bug Fix: Omnisearch: Hide the search form in the module description if the current user can't use it.
- Bug Fix: Comment Form: Use edit_pages, not edit_page (fixes glitch in previous beta, never publicly released).
- Bug Fix: Twitter Timeline Widget: Additional testing of values and casting to default if they are nonconforming.
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Pinterest: Make the button wider if there's a count to avoid overlapping with others.
- Bug Fix: Post By Email: Change configuration_redirect to static.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Don't call configuration_redirect as a static, do it as a method.
- Bug Fix: Add some further security measures to module activation.
Release Date: June 19, 2013
Release Post: http://jetpack.me/2013/06/19/jetpack-2-3/
- Enhancement: Omnisearch: Search once, get results from everything! Omnisearch is a single search box that lets you search many different things
- Enhancement: Debugger: this module helps you debug connection issues right from your dashboard, and contact the Jetpack support team if needed
- Enhancement: Social Links: this module is a canonical source, based on Publicize, that themes can use to let users specify where social icons should link to
- Enhancement: It’s now easier to find out if a module is active or note, thanks to the new Jetpack::is_module_active()
- Enhancement: Contact Form: You are now able to customize the submit button text thanks to the submit_button_text parameter
- Enhancement: Comments: We've added a filter to let users customize the Comment Reply label, and users can now also customize the prompt on the comment form again.
- Enhancement: Mobile Theme: Add genericons.css and registering it so it’s easily accessible to other modules that may want it
- Enhancement: Tiled Galleries: You can now customize the captions, thanks to the jetpack_slideshow_slide_caption filter
- Enhancement: Widgets: Twitter Timeline: Add the noscrollbar option
- Enhancement: Widgets: Facebook Like Box Widget: add a show_border attribute
- Enhancement: Widgets: FB Like Box: let Jetpack users override the iframe background color set in an inline style attribute by using the jetpack_fb_likebox_bg filter
- Bug Fix: Carousel: Fix a bug where double-clicking a gallery thumbnail broke the carousel functionality
- Bug Fix: Comments: Change “must-log-in” to class from ID
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Make the Add Contact Form link a button, ala Add Media in core
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fix encoding of field labels
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Remove references to missing images
- Bug Fix: Fix 2 XSS vulnerabilities
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Minor fixes for bbPress compatibility
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Fix metadata bugs
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Add a new hook that is fired when a post is posted using the API
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Prefork/REST: update path normalizer to accept versions other than 1
- Bug Fix: JSON API: Remove extra parenthesis in CSS
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Move content width filters higher up so that they’re active for all users, not just logged-in admins.
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: All CSS properties that accept images as values need to be allowed to be declared multiple times so that cross-browser gradients work
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Allow themes to define a custom function to render the IS footer
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Fix up Twenty Thirteen styles for RTL and small viewports.
- Bug Fix: Likes: Fix ‘Call to undefined function’
- Bug Fix: Likes: Add scrolling no to iframe to make sure that like button in admin bar does not show scrollbars
- Bug Fix: Likes: Remove setInterval( JetpackLikesWidgetQueueHandler, 250 ) call that was causing heavy CPU load
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Remove unused variable & function call
- Bug Fix: Publicize: Fix LinkedIn profile URL generation
- Bug Fix: Publicize: Better refresh handling for services such as LinkedIn and Facebook
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Audio shortcode: Treat src as element 0. Fixes audio shortcodes created by wp_embed_register_handler when an audio url is on a line by itself
- Bug Fix: Bandcamp: Updates to the Bandcamp shortcode
- Bug Fix: Stats: Fix missing function get_editable_roles on non-admin page loads
- Bug Fix: Widgets: Twitter Timeline: Fix HTML links in admin; set default values for width/height; change some of the sanitization functions
- Bug Fix: Widgets: Top Posts Widget: Exclude attachments
- Bug Fix: Widgets: Top Posts Widget: fix data validation for number of posts
- Bug Fix: Fix PHP warnings non-static method called dynamically
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue in image extraction from HTML content
- Bug Fix: Open Graph: Change default minimum size for og:image too 200×200
- Note: The old Twitter widget was removed in favour of Twitter Timeline widget
- Note: Add is_module_active() to make it easier to detect what is and what isn’t
- Note: Compressing images via lossless methods
- Note: Tidying up jetpack’s CSS
- Note: Set the max DB version for our retina overrides that were meant to stop for WordPress 3.5
- Note: Updating spin.js to the current version, and shifting to the canonical jquery.spin.js library
- Note: Adding Jetpack_Options class, and abstracting out options functions to it
Release Date: May 1, 2013
- Enhancement: Stats: Counting of registered users' views can now be enabled for specific roles
- Bug Fix: Security tightening for metadata support in the REST API
- Bug Fix: Update the method for checking Twitter Timeline widget_id and update coding standards
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Allow the content width setting to be larger than the theme's content width
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS: Fix possible missing argument warning.
Release Date: April 26, 2013
- Bug Fix: JSON API compat file include was not assigning a variable correctly, thus throwing errors. This has been resolved.
Release Date: April 26, 2013
- Enhancement: Comments - Add the reply-title H3 to the comment form so that themes or user CSS can style it
- Enhancement: Custom CSS - Support for the CSS @viewport
- Enhancement: JSON API - Support for i_like, is_following, and is_reblogged
- Enhancement: JSON API: Custom Post Type Support
- Enhancement: JSON API: Meta Data Support
- Enhancement: JSON API: Bundled Support for bbPress
- Enhancement: JSON API: Additions of following, reblog, and like status for post endpoints.
- Enhancement: Shortcodes - Add Bandcamp shortcode
- Enhancement: Tiled Galleries - Add code to get blog_id
- Bug Fix: Carousel - Support relative image paths incase a plugin is filtering attachment URLs to be relative instead of absolute
- Bug Fix: Carousel - Add likes widget to images / Respect comment settings for name/email
- Bug Fix: Carousel - Make name and email optional if the setting in the admin area says they are
- Bug Fix: Contact Form - Bug fixes, including a fix for WP-CLI
- Bug Fix: Contact Form - Remove deprecated .live calls, delegate lazily to jQuery(document) since it's all in an iframe modal
- Bug Fix: Contact Form - RTL styles
- Bug Fix: Contact Form - Better handle MP6 icons
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS - array_shift() took a variable by reference, so avoid passing it the result of a function
- Bug Fix: Custom CSS - Allow case-insensitive CSS properties (ref)
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll - Maintain main query's
post__not_in values when querying posts for IS
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll - Ensure that IS's
pre_get_posts method isn't applied in the admin. Also fixes an incorrect use of
add_action() was meant. Fixes #1696-plugins
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll - CSS update - IS footer was too large in Firefox
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll - Add bundled support for Twenty Thirteen default theme
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll - Include posts table's prefix when modifying the SQL WordPress generates to retrieve posts for Infinite Scroll
- Bug Fix: JSON API - Use wp_set_comment_status to change the comment status, to make sure actions are run where needed
- Bug Fix: Likes - Update style and logic for matching id's
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme - Ensure that
minileven_actual_current_theme() is child-theme compatible + other updates
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme - Update method for finding currently active theme.
- Bug Fix: Notifications - Remove the postmessage.js enqueue since this feature solely supports native postMessage
- Bug Fix: Notifications - Clean up script enqueues and use core versions of underscore and backbone on wpcom as fallbacks
- Bug Fix: Notifications - Enqueue v2 scripts and style
- Bug Fix: Notifications - Prefix module-specific scripts and style to prevent collision
- Bug Fix: Notifications - Include lang and dir attributes on #wpnt-notes-panel so the notifications iframe can use these to display correctly
- Bug Fix: Open Graph: Use the profile OG type instead of author. Add tags for first/last names
- Bug Fix: Publicize - Remove the Yahoo! service because they stopped supporting that API entirely
- Bug Fix: Publicize - fix fatal errors caused by using a method on a non-object. Props @ipstenu
- Bug Fix: Sharing - Adding 2x graphics for Pocket sharing service
- Bug Fix: Sharing - Bug fixes, and a new filter
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes - Audio: make sure that the Jetpack audion shortcode does not override the 3.6 core audio shortcode. Also, we need to filter the old Jetpack-style shortcode to properly set the params for the Core audio shortcode.
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes - Audio: Re-enable the flash player
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes - Slideshow: RTL styling update
- Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries - Fix IE8 display bug where it doesn't honor inline CSS for width on images
- Bug Fix: Tiled Galleries - Remove depreacted hover call, use m